We spent a recent fall weekend at the Hotel, booked in the first floor suite. The decor was charming, as were the hallways and sitting areas. The porch looked like a wonderful place to hang out in warmer weather. The beach is a few minutes walk, though the lake is just across the street. We had a delicious, but somewhat pricey meal at Whispers, an attached property, and modest breakfasts in the breezeway. The pool looked inviting, but was covered. Staff was courteous and efficient from the reservation to the end of the stay. The individual rooms are owned privately, but rented on behalf of the owners. A walk or ride through the nearby streets shows off many fine, old homes -- and no apparent commercial development.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hewitt Wellington is a historic Victorian hotel situated in one of the most beautiful settings on the New Jersey shore. The Hewitt Wellington has been a luxurious vacation retreat since the turn of the 20th century and was recently meticulously renovated, preserving both the architectural integrity and old-world charm that earned her a place in history. The Hewitt Wellington Hotel is proud to offer elegantly appointed suites as well as a heated pool, graceful wraparound porches and one of New Jersey's top-rated restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hewitt Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hewitt Wellington Hotel Spring Lake
- Hewitt Wellington Spring Lake