After paying close to $300 per night, I was very disappointed to find the room in such poor condition. The beige carpet was stained throughout, particularly at the entrance, and probably should have been replaced several years ago. The white "occasional" chair located in the room was also covered in stains.
Alos, the shower had so little water pressure that we had to stand directly below the shower head in order to take a shower.
My understanding is that each room within the Hewitt Wellington is individually owned, so I hope all rooms are not in this condition. This room though, only due to its location close to the beach and 3rd Ave, should go for $100 - $150, tops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hewitt Wellington is a historic Victorian hotel situated in one of the most beautiful settings on the New Jersey shore. The Hewitt Wellington has been a luxurious vacation retreat since the turn of the 20th century and was recently meticulously renovated, preserving both the architectural integrity and old-world charm that earned her a place in history. The Hewitt Wellington Hotel is proud to offer elegantly appointed suites as well as a heated pool, graceful wraparound porches and one of New Jersey's top-rated restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hewitt Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hewitt Wellington Hotel Spring Lake
- Hewitt Wellington Spring Lake