“Re-acquainting weekend”
Review of The Ocean House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spring Lake
The Ocean House
Ranked #1 of 7 Spring Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Ocean House in Spring Lake, NJ. We had a wonderful experience. The inn is old but charming. Everything is very clean. Breakfast was wonderful. A short walk or bike ride to the beach. Jared and Colleen could not do enough to make our stay comfortable.
Spring Lake is my favorite place to relax and spend quiet time. Love, love, love, this beautiful, clean, vacation spot. We have been traveling to Spring Lake for 15 years, we will be back again in August.
Best of luck to the Ocean House
Debby and Frank, Pennsylvania

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Ocean House

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband and I traveled to Spring Lake, NJ back in October for my cousin's wedding. We really loved the area. When we decided to have a little get-a-away this month, Spring Lake came to mind right away. We wanted a place a bit closer to the beach, so did some research online and came across The Ocean House. I called and spoke with Colleen about availability and without even checking into any other places decided to book there. She was super friendly and made me feel right at home over the phone.
We arrived on a Wednesday afternoon, and were greeted by her co-owner and soon-to-be husband, Jared. Both my husband and I felt welcomed right from the get-go. Jared was very informative about the area and about where to eat and shared some history of the business and the surrounding area.
Our room was so quaint and we loved the uniqueness. We got a chance to peek into other unoccupied guest rooms and couldn't find any the same. My only complaint, and it was resolved very quickly, is that the bed in our room had a very firm mattress. I, personally, do better on a softer one. Colleen and Jared fixed that issue by assigning us to another room the next night with a softer mattress. I really appreciated that and so did my back!
The breakfast they serve is beyond good and the portions are super generous.
I highly, highly recommend this bed and breakfast and plan to return for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mpellet92
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Anyone who grew up on the east coast and visited the NJ coast when they were a child (I'm talking in the 60's now) will love the charm of the Ocean House. One block from the newly built boardwalk the Ocean House is an original building built in the late 1800's offering a cozy room, breakfast in a charming dining room, and comfortable lunging in two parlors. Although I only stayed for an evening to attend a wedding, I chose this location because of what I had hoped to experience - and did. While I do not travel nor vacation in NJ, the Ocean House has given me a reason to want to return to experience the NJ summer, and the warm and comfrotable Ocean House premises. Innkeeper Jared is charming and engaging. I enjoyed everything he did to make this stay memorable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mysterioustraveling
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed for the weekend with some friends and had a great time. Jared and Colleen were great hosts. Best eggs I've ever had. The location was great just a short walk to the beach and a charming B&B. I cant wait to go back in the summer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We reserved three rooms for the 3 couples in our party. Upon arrival, our Host graciously introduced us to this wonderful family owner and operated B&B. This impeccably maintained 18th Century gem of an Inn with delightful decor lacks none of the modern accommodations including Wifi. Breakfast was served by the hosts Jared and Colleen who were very generous in answering all our questions about the Inn, local restaurants and things to see and do. We plan to return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jersey_Fans_Delaware
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Ocean House (March 2012). It was an amazing experience, from start to finish. Although it was considered "off season" we were treated wonderfully. The furnishings were beautifully appointed and the property was immaculate. Breakfast was delicious and the early morning coffee provided a nice compliment to the ocean view from the front porch. We cannot wait to go back and experience the true "summer at The Ocean House."

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KSturtz
Reviewed 23 March 2014

A sixty mile drive from New York, and you are transported back to the 19th century in an immaculately renovated, elegant and cozy 1877 inn with all the comforts of the 21st century. Off season we loved the comfy king bed, in a room with very high ceilings with an extra sitting room for reading or TV, and the extraordinary quiet of The Ocean House and the surrounding Spring Lake with its post Sandy brand new boardwalk a block from the inn and freshly sanded beach. A surprise and major treat was the zen like massage room accompanied by a fabulous massage by licensed massage therapist Colleen Morris. Colleen also whips up a yummy gourmet breakfast in the morning. Jared will help you with anything you need, including dinner suggestions and a hairdryer if needed. Tea and cookies are available in the lovely dining room. Perfect getaway midweek or weekend. Five hearts for relaxation and romance.

Room Tip: all rooms are well decorated. We prefer a king bed as the rooms are larger. Queen bedrooms offer a g...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple