“Our second time back..perfect like the first.”
Review of The Ocean House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spring Lake
The Ocean House
Ranked #1 of 8 Spring Lake B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“Our second time back..perfect like the first.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed our first time, New Year's Eve...but I didn't do a review because of other distractions in my life. We stayed this past weekend and again..this B&B is top notch...from the friendly service at the front desk to the cleanliness and comfort of our room..to , last but not least....the perfect breakfast..ready for us with excellent staff. My husband is a vegan and the fruit, granola and spread for him was delicious as were the eggs and cakes and bacon for me. We will be back. A great night sleep, comfortable, quiet. The cool lemonade left out at night is amazing. This is what all B&Bs should be like.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beffyEssexFells_Nj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We just finished a grand wedding weekend with Jarred, Colleen, and staff from June 18-22, 2014! We booked the entire B&B so the staff was always on the go with requests for this or that as you would expect from a wedding! The breakfasts were different each day and fantastic. The close proximity to the beach and downtown (3rd street) made it easy to walk or take the complimentary bicycles. The front desk is always staffed with a courteous face, willing to give you a recommendation on restaurants, attractions, or any needed sundries. Whether you are a large entourage or just a couple looking for a restful weekend, this is the place for personalized pampering! Don't miss hanging out on the wrap around veranda, where a cool breeze always makes a summer day memorable!

Room Tip: The best small rooms are on the south east corner of the property. Views of both streets and can see...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Richard F
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at The Ocean House on the last weekend of May. Jared and his staff made us feel right at home along with the other guests who were staying at the inn to attend a wedding nearby. The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfasts delicious, and the porch a wonderful place to enjoy a cup of coffee (or a glass of wine). The Ocean House is located only a block from the beach, and two blocks from the center of town, so is in a perfect location. My niece, the bride, also has rave reviews. We highly recommend a stay at The Ocean House.

Room Tip: We stayed in the building attached to the main part of the Inn. Our room was on the third floor and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at The Ocean House in Spring Lake, NJ over the Memorial Day weekend. This is the traditional time for the Spring Lake 5 mile run and the town is crowded and busy. You would never guess that the town was bustling, at least not from the wrap-around porch of this century old plus B&B. The accomodations were more than adequate, beds were comfortable, breakfast was superb and the quiet was a welcome contrast to the rest of the community. If you have a chance to stay, take advantage of the late evening to listen to the ocean, one block away, and unwind on the porch with friends, a glass of wine, and the genuine hospitality of the owners. Stay for a long weekend and you will be welcomed like an old friend. We would return in a heartbeat on our next trip to the Jersey Shore.

Room Tip: Call and talk to the proprietors. Tell them what you need or want. If they haveit, it's yours.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Well I have mixed feelings. The location is great and Spring Lake very pretty and offers great walking. Historic exceptionally pretty homes with lovely landscaping. The Ocean House is quite nice. BUT be aware it is a specialized property. While I live in historic landmark built in 1894 and stay in B&Bs frequently, this one was over the top in some ways. Our bed was piled with 10-12 pillows and the chairs had a couple more. Sort of cute but too much. How often could all of those pillows be cleaned? In fact the quantity of stuff rather masked the good bones. Our room was missing some minor things that should have been there. There was no hook or bar for a towel by the shower so you had to lay the towel on the floor. A $2 hook was needed. Likewise there was no cover or screen over the sink drain. I tried to keep the rubber plug over it but when I knocked my earring off, of course it went straight down to the trap. Those minor details made me wonder about things I couldn't see.
The breakfasts were good and the ladies at the desk were very pleasant.

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank SANDRA S
Avoca, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Ocean House in Spring Lake, NJ. We had a wonderful experience. The inn is old but charming. Everything is very clean. Breakfast was wonderful. A short walk or bike ride to the beach. Jared and Colleen could not do enough to make our stay comfortable.
Spring Lake is my favorite place to relax and spend quiet time. Love, love, love, this beautiful, clean, vacation spot. We have been traveling to Spring Lake for 15 years, we will be back again in August.
Best of luck to the Ocean House
Debby and Frank, Pennsylvania

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ballston Spa, New York
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband and I traveled to Spring Lake, NJ back in October for my cousin's wedding. We really loved the area. When we decided to have a little get-a-away this month, Spring Lake came to mind right away. We wanted a place a bit closer to the beach, so did some research online and came across The Ocean House. I called and spoke with Colleen about availability and without even checking into any other places decided to book there. She was super friendly and made me feel right at home over the phone.
We arrived on a Wednesday afternoon, and were greeted by her co-owner and soon-to-be husband, Jared. Both my husband and I felt welcomed right from the get-go. Jared was very informative about the area and about where to eat and shared some history of the business and the surrounding area.
Our room was so quaint and we loved the uniqueness. We got a chance to peek into other unoccupied guest rooms and couldn't find any the same. My only complaint, and it was resolved very quickly, is that the bed in our room had a very firm mattress. I, personally, do better on a softer one. Colleen and Jared fixed that issue by assigning us to another room the next night with a softer mattress. I really appreciated that and so did my back!
The breakfast they serve is beyond good and the portions are super generous.
I highly, highly recommend this bed and breakfast and plan to return for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple