“Magnificant Beach Weekend”
Review of The Ocean House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spring Lake
The Ocean House
Ranked #1 of 8 Spring Lake B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“Magnificant Beach Weekend”
Reviewed 25 August 2006

My husband and I have been going to The Ocean House since it has been taken over by Nancy and Dennis Kaloostian. They do a wonderful job of making everyone feel at home in their home. Everyone is very hospitable and friendly. There are bikes to ride, chairs for the beach, towels, and a great breakfast. The wrap around porch is delightful all day and into the evening.
All of the rooms are decorated so lovely and each has it own bathroom.
We always have a good time, you will too.
Maybe we will see you, Regina and Don, Ridgefield, NJ

Stayed July 2006
2 Thank rdp0328

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
HARRINGTON PARK, NJ
Reviewed 9 August 2006

I simply had to share with your readers that the Ocean House Bed & Breakfast is a truly a wonderful place to stay.

My husband and I have been vacationing at the Jersey Shore for quite a few years. Being quite the adventurous types, we had rarely stayed at the same Bed & Breakfast twice. That is, until we happened upon the Ocean House in the quaint, oceanfront town of Spring Lake.

For the past 5 years, Nancy & Dennis, the Innkeepers of this fabulously charming, historically preserved, Bed and Breakfast Hotel, have delighted us over and over again with their impeccable hospitality, well coiffed, clean and comfortable room accommodations and bountiful breakfast spreads.

We are always guaranteed lots of laughter, memories and a reservation in our favorite room (#16), for our next excursion to the shore!

• Liked — Hospitality, Comfort, Value
  • Disliked — Parking Lot fills up quickly
  • Tips/Secrets — Weekdays have less traffic at the shore
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank BOBBYSOCKS
NYC
Reviewed 28 July 2006

I would not recommend this property unless you enjoy abuse. I did not even stay at this Inn, but based on the way I was treated during the reservation process, I would NEVER consider it.
I made a reservation for 3 rooms in June of 2006 to stay in August of 2006. I had to cancel my reservation and was told that I had to pay $50 per room plus tax for the cancellation. The cancellation policy listed in their reservation form was that there is a $50 fee - no mention of per room or tax. I contacted the hotel to dispute the charge and the owner of the Inn (Nancy) got on the phone and yelled at me. She said that is their policy and I would be charged that amount. She told me that I was told of this policy at the time of booking (which I was not) and I explained that the policy is not listed as such in their documentation and I did not feel it was fair to charge me per room and tax. I told her that I would have to dispute the charge with my credit card company. She screamed at me that I was selfish and hung up the phone.
I should note that I was canceling my rooms almost a month in advance and my reservation was for a weekend in August which is prime season for this property. I doubt she will have any problems renting the rooms to someone else in that amount of time. I am appalled that the owner of this establishment would treat any customer or prospective customer in this way. Again, if you are looking for a place to stay in Spring Lake, NJ – I don’t think this is a place you should consider. There are several other options (like the Beacon House) that will treat you with dignity and respect.

Stayed June 2006
#5 of 6 in Spring Lake
Spring Lake Inn
Spring Lake Inn
#4 of 8 in Spring Lake

Been to The Ocean House? Share your experiences!