“Ugh... Smoke detector”

Ranked #13 of 29 Restaurants in Spring Lake
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Delicious pizza, pizza rolls, calzones and Italian cuisine with healthy options of salads and seafood. Spring Lake Pizzeria & Italian Bistro has been renovated to provide its local customers an estetically pleasing place to grab a slice and salad. The new management, under London based teaching chef Joanne Cooke, has modernised its Italian menu whilst holding on to old favourites by Chef Luis. Family run, located opposite the lake and just 3 blocks to the beach.
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We were surprised to find this is a literally a tiny pizza parlor, nothing gourmet about it. First, they didn't want to sit 3 of us at their 6 person booth. Really? Again it's a pizza place. Then we were allowed to sit only to have the smoke detector repeatedly sound off above our heads. Painful, and it kept happening. Service was not very good, even for a pizza joint. Pass this place by.

1  Thank Bell1981

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The pizza is consistently good- the ingredients and the crust are fresh and delicious. We always have it delivered and it arrives hot and on time as the staff indicated

Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

This is a Go to Place and I guess the only pizza place In Spring Lake. I guess they are very lucky to have no competition the only pizza place in the Irish Town. Unlike Northern NJ a pizza place around every corner some good most average. Anyways since this is a pizza place they should be able to take phone orders . I called in my order but two of my sandwiches where more custom. I could tell from the voice of the lady on the phone she had a little additude. Then again a lot of people around these parts have additudes. Now nothing crazy about the order just not off the menu a grilled chicken hero fresh Mozz lettuce tomatoes oil vinegar - second is turkey in a wrap lettuces tomatoes - can't mess that up and then a Shrimp Parm hero - they make them right . The Hero's are big they cut them in fours to eat easier nice touch . The soda selection needs to be a lot better why they only offer coke diet coke and some juice is beyond me. What about snapple , root beer, sprite , orange sodas , coke zero come on you make enough money to spring for some more drink selections. Also make sure the person answering the phone looses the TONE or that could hurt your buisness . If I'm dropping $50 just on your place for lunch to eat out of a paper bag I don't want a fresh voice on the other end.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

It was a nasty day at our stay at an inn so we called in a pizza. Great delivery gut,reasonable,hot pizza that was delicious!

Reviewed 13 March 2013

A typical pizza place. Good pizza, but definitely not what I would consider gourmet as its name describes. Quick and friendly service. The waitress, who has worked there a long time, works efficiently and is definitely the best thing about this place. During my visit, the pizza maker spent much of his time texting on his cell phone...is he washing his hands after every use??? Don't think so. Maybe I am too old school, but I believe that when you are on the clock you should not be on your phone. I am sure that there is something that could be prepped, cleaned...etc. during that time instead.

1  Thank JSROM