“wonderful hospitality”

Ranked #3 of 8 Spring Lake B&B and Inns
easton pennsylvania
“wonderful hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2009

My family and i just got back from a couple of days there for a little beach time before school starts. Villa park is what i like about bed and breakfasts. It was clean, comfortable and felt like home. great front porch. matthew couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful and takes pride in putting on a top notch breakfast that will take you all the way to dinner, which is particularly great when you're planning on spending the whole day at the beach. We'll be back.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ralphbell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2009

My family and I stayed at the Villa Park House for Memorial Day Weekend, which was also my husband's 40th birthday. The idea of the weekend as to allow my husband to relax and regroup.
Our stay at Villa Park House was great! The accommodations were spectacular and the hosts were fabulous. We stayed on the third floor and used the two adjoining room being that we had our two children with us. The rooms were well decorated, the linens were nice, and the beds were comfortable. We all enjoyed pulling the comforters over our heads at night, because they felt very soft and inviting.
Breadfast in the mornings were superb, and on many occasions my children asked for something else. This is unusual for my children because they can be picky eaters.
Matthew was very hospitable from the moment we checked in until the moment we checked out. He was very informative, and always concerned about your well being.
Although the B&B is not very close to the beach, it is a nice walk that my family and I enjoyed. We also took an opportunity to borrow the B&Bs bikes and biked around the town.
The weekend was a very memorable experience.

• Liked — Rooms, food, service
  • Disliked — That I didn't stay longer
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank browntonne
Jersey City, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2008

My wife and I were planningon getting married in Spring Lake, and we were searching for a B&B in Spring Lake that would house us and all our bridesmaids and groomsmen. As soon as we met Matthew, the proprietor, we both knew Villa Park would be the perfect place.

The hosts were so helpful with everything, even kindly inviting in for breakfast some friends and family who were not staying there. The food was amazing! A perfect way to start the wedding day (we were particularly amazed by the quiche). The rooms were well kept and clean. Anything we needed -- a toothbrush, water, some extra towels, or a badge -- Matthew was quick to provide.

This is a stellar establishment and I would recommend it to anyone, whether you are looking for a romantic weekend with your spouse or are looking to rent the whole house with your friends. I can't say enough good things about the Villa Park. It was a magical weekend, and Villa Park House was a perfect setting.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank prepteacher
Tenafly, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2008

A large group of friends (6 families in total) rented out the entire B&B checking in on a Saturday for just one night. The hotel is clean and comfortable and food was wonderful. The only negative is distance to beach - you'd really have to walk or ride a bike there.

• Liked — food
  • Disliked — location to beach
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank tenaflymom
Manhattan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2008

Breakfast was fine the room we had was smaller then the average B&B. After staying in another B&B/hotel in Spring Lake we were Fairly disappointed in the location. Far away from the Town, Lake and 6 ++ blocks from the Spring Lake Beach. And next to the train tracks. The Innkeepers were nice but not a place for us...

• Stayed June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank travlernyc
Cliffwood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2008

I have stayed at other bed and breakfasts and have had my fair share of good experiences.

My time at the Villa Park House was more than good though, it was a great experience. My girlfriend and I stayed there after a wedding we had attended in May.

The rooms are quaint and clean. The house is large and the space is such that if one wants privacy it is attainable. And though large, much to the owners credit, the establishment seems to improbably mix elements of a great hotel with some imagined, terrific family home, which this structure back in the day surely *had* to be.

We ate breakfast outside in the fresh air of the spring time, enjoying their delightful porch which has a great view of the yard.

Matt cooked a splendid meal, which on this morning happened to be a breakfast wrap that was delectable. He offered us to choose what we might want to eat, but truthfully when he described what we saw another couple enjoying, our choice was made. MUST HAVE: Wonderful "home fries" that stand up there with any kitchen or diner, anywhere. Their coffee and tea station is meticulously clean and kept fresh.

Later in the day, we rented bicycles and pedaled into the beautiful town of Spring Lake to do some light shopping. We were going to walk, but Dara suggested the bicycles ( available to rent for the day ) and we thanked her later. We drove past the splendid homes the town is known for, as well as the beautiful St. Catherine's Church beside the lake.

We plan on returning to enjoy all that the Jersey Shore during summertime has to offer and look forward to our next stay.

• Liked — People
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Armoredbaby
Cliffwood Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2008

This was the fourth time I've stayed. Love, love, love the house, the location, the breakfast, the beds and most of all the host's! Room's are extremely clean and cozy. Beds are incredibly soft. Best night of sleep I've had in a long time! Every time I go the experience is better then the last. A home away from home! I tell all my friends to stay here. I will continue to go back whenever I need a getaway!

Stayed May 2008
#6 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Spring Lake Inn
Spring Lake Inn
#4 of 8 in Spring Lake

Been to Villa Park House? Share your experiences!