“Great Spring Lake Stay!”
Review of Walden on the Pond

Walden on the Pond
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Spring Lake
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here on Memorial Weekend for my birthday for a mini Spring Lake area beach trip and had a great stay. Ronna was a pleasure to speak with on the phone when we were making our reservations. When we arrived we greeted by the hospitable, Ben and were pleasantly surprised to have been upgraded to a larger room as we brought our medium sized dog with us as well (pet friendly with a reasonable pet fee). Beautiful victorian house with the old historic charm (the house settled so expect some of the old house feel - pictures are accurate of rooms). There is a beautiful pond in the back with many sitting areas to enjoy the serene scenery. They really maintain the grounds with beautiful landscape and plants. Not a far walk to the beach and a short drive to the town as well as the other surrounding beaches. We took our dog to the Manasquan Dog beach which was a very short drive away. They also offer coffee and breakfast in the mornings. I had a great birthday stay and plan to come back for sure! Thank you Ronna & Ben!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mvanessa11

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed here with a friend for 2 nights last week during a mini beach vacation to Spring Lake. I enjoyed it so much that I've already booked a room for my next trip in a couple of weeks. The owner is very accommodating and the grounds are beautiful. There is a very spacious back yard area overlooking the pond, and the front porch is spacious with enough room for everyone to find their own little area to have breakfast outside in the morning. I've stayed in B&B's in the past, but this has been my favorite one by far. The breakfast is simple, but tasty. They had coffee, tea, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, and muffins and bagels. The bagels were really delicious and they got them from a local bakery and had some unique flavors to pick from. Our room and the bathrooms were very clean. I'm looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank VitusNYC
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Walden on the Pond when we decided to take a spontaneous weekend trip. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the picturesque grounds overlooking the pond and the quaint, Victorian porch done in white wicker and beautiful hanging flowering plants. Eating breakfast on the porch was serene and relaxing, but you can eat indoors as well, on cute wicker tables in the always accessible kitchen area. The rooms were well appointed and were clean as a whistle, and the friendly staff met our every need. The beach was just a few short blocks away, and the nearby restaurants were top notch. Walden brings you back to a quieter place in time, and is an awesome getaway spot at the Jersey Shore!

Room Tip: There is a large apartment if you have a big family....
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Walden on the Pond with a friend and I have to say the service has been consistently great. The rooms are spectacular, decent size, bathrooms are good and showers work well (with good water pressure). The porch view was great and specially as beach were near so we can enjoy the night life as well.
We had breakfast, to our surprise it was excellent. Really great value (especially since we have breakfast). They have scrambled eggs and scrambled egg whites - both very fresh and not in the least dried out. The service is top notch and wait staff super friendly and attentive. definitely recommend this place.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nelly H
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this Inn. We decided last minute to get out of New York City.
The Inn was just 4 short blocks from the train. We booked a small guest room for 2 - the price was great and it was very comfortable.

The staff gave use great recommendations for dinner and places to go. We will return soon-Never thought it was this close to NY.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We stayed at The Walden in 2010, and it was very nice. Recently went back for a long weekend - it was so Great! The Inn Keeper is very friendly and accomodating. The rooms are very clean and decorated nicely. We relaxed in the backyard (oasis) reading, drinking wine and watching the wildlife. Breakfast on the front Victorian porch was lovely. We took walks into town (Spring Lake), and to the beach. Very relaxing! Next time, I won't wait so long to go back!

We have stayed at other Spring Lake Inns in the past. However, I like the Walden with it's central location, relaxed atmosphere, the pond, and friendly, accomodating staff and service.

Room Tip: Talk to Ronna, the Inn Keeper. She listens and is friendly and accomodating.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank DDTrails
Reviewed 18 May 2011

We had a great time -- staff was very nice -- room was clean and cozy for our family.

Also the pond was so much fun for the kids -they keep talking about the Swan that had babies -- the owner told us she comes back every year!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
The Asbury Hotel
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park
7 mi away
Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park

Been to Walden on the Pond? Share your experiences!