“Ahhhh . . . A Jewel! Walden on the Pond, (Spring Lake NJ)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Walden on the Pond

Walden on the Pond
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
NJ
“Ahhhh . . . A Jewel! Walden on the Pond, (Spring Lake NJ)”
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Our Family recently gathered for a few days at Walden on the Pond in Spring Lake, NJ! What a Find!!! Fabulous!!!! It is actually "on the pond" where you sit back & relax , read or just watch Ducks and Swans swim up to visit! It is So Beautiful and Relaxing! The innkeeper is lovely & sooooo accommodating! The atmosphere is so relaxed and great for everyone (including families with children). & the Porch is Wonderful!
- Easy Walk to Train, 4 blks to the Beach, and some local restaurants.
- We stayed in the large guest House - complete with a sitting room w/TV , a Dining Room and Kitchen.
- All the rooms are Charming and very Clean! Surrender yourself to Walden on the Pond! You will feel like rested and rejuvenated - body & soul!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank DDTrails

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 29 June 2010

We were celebrating my dad's 75th birthday this past weekend and my brother came up with the idea to do it at Walden on the Pond. Some of us are in NYC, others in NJ and PA, so this seemed centrally located. I was reluctant at first, because I don't drive and I know that Spring Lake isn't very pedestrian-friendly. But I got there on a Friday night and all my doubts dissolved. Everyone was SO NICE! I was the first one there—without a car—and so Denise found me a place within walking distance to have dinner. She was lovely and helpful the entire weekend.

My room was small, but cute, and we had our own bathroom. The rest of my family was staying in the two-bedroom apartment, which was awesome. It had a huge kitchen and living room, and plenty of space for two people in each room and one on the sofa. We had the party out in the adorable yard, amongst the ducks and swans.

Ronna, the owner, was so accommodating. There had been a mix-up with the dates and she was completely understanding about it. One of the couples in our party asked, last-minute if there was a room for them and their infant, and she found them one. (Most places in Spring Lake won't deal with kids under 14.) The house is cute and within walking distance to the beach—it's a tiny bit of a hike, but unless you're disabled, it's doable with ease.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Sunny_in_BK
New York
Reviewed 8 October 2009

My daughter got married on Sept 25th, 2009. We stayed at the Walden on Pond from Sept 24th 27th. The proprietor, Ronna could not have been more acccomadating and friendly. She was always available for any purpose and seemed to be around for everyones needs. Although, she is very low profile, she seemed to magically appear just when you wanted to ask her something. Although I am not a coffee drinker. The rest of the extended family is and they raved about the coffee. Fresh all the time! Snacks, fruits, bagels, cereal met us everymoring. The decor was victorian friendly. Friends and family stated that felt like it was home (only better!).

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank ananabNEWYORK
Bergen county
Reviewed 2 September 2009

My friends and i were faced with an emergency situation w/ this past weekend's hurricane, and we needed an place to relocate. After making many calls, Ronna @ Walden on the Pond was the ONLY one who was sympathetic to our needs and offered to help. The B & B was beautiful, warm , comfortable - the staff was excellent and kind- hearted. Couldn't ask for anything more.. This is the place to go for genuine hospitality! ( BTW; we never heard any train either! ??)

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank jillbarb
Warren, NJ
Reviewed 21 August 2009

My family and I stayed in the 2 bedroom unit for 4 nights at the end of July. It was very spacious and clean. Our 3 boys had plenty of room to play and run around. Ronna and her staff are fantastic! There is a pond on the property with lots of ducks and geese. The B&B is close to the train tracks but the noise didn't bother us one bit. The beach is about a 1o minute walk. We will definitely consider staying here again!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank JerseyGirl1973
Central New Jersey
Reviewed 4 August 2009

I recently stayed at the Walden on the Pond for the weekend and found it to be a great place to rent in the summer. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the hospitality was wonderful. Nice breakfast available and great porch view. It was also close to the beach and nightlife scene. Lots of parking and beach badges were available for us to use. I highly recommend it! : )

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank kpteach
New Jersey
Reviewed 24 July 2009

located near noisy train - woke me up at 4 am !

You can see on the map how close NJ transit tracks run by. And, you can get a NJ transit train schedule to know what time the noisy Train's will go by.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank summertimeNJ
walden22, Manager at Walden on the Pond, responded to this review, 29 July 2009
I knew that this customer would not be happy

She came to the Inn before reserving her room and wanted the most inexpensive room I had. 4 days and 5 nights for $499.

She saw the rooms and then made the selection based on budget. Yes , the train is close but it is close to most of the Inns as well. And doe's not wake guests.

We have the same many of the same guests reserve this room every summer - It is very charming and we also have a live-in Maid Staff that keeps this Inn Spotless.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spring Lake
#5 of 6 in Spring Lake
Grand Victorian @ Spring Lake
Grand Victorian @ Spring Lake
#8 of 8 in Spring Lake

Been to Walden on the Pond? Share your experiences!