Grand Victorian at Spring Lake
Hewitt Wellington(Spring Lake)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$144
Chateau Inn & Suites(Spring Lake)(Great Value!)
US$167
Doolan's(Spring Lake)
US$115
US$112
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Atlantic Inn & Suites(Wall Township)
US$80
US$71
US$79
Economy Inn(Wall Township)
US$68
Sea Girt Lodge(Wall Township)
US$99
US$80
Walden on the Pond(Spring Lake)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfirst floorrecently stayed at the grandbeach passesas close as you can getshared bathroomocean sideperfect locationlonger staynew jerseyrelaxing weekendlong weekendb bscan't wait to go backhome away from homethe jersey shoregvboardwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2009

We stayed at the Grand Victorian for three nights in July. We were told that we were getting a discount but in reviewing the hotel web site advertisements I know that this did not happen. The room and bathroom were small but clean. The breakfast consisted of strong, stale coffee and baskets of bagels and bread. We were told that the Grand Victorian is an inn not a B&B when we complained about the breakfast. The dead flowers did not add much to the decor.
The best feature is the location which is directly across from the beach.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joy9876
Reviewed 30 June 2009

Mu husband and I enjoy going to Spring Lake once a year for our anniversary and have stayed a few b&b over the years. We try to go to a different one each year. This year we chose The Grand Victorian for a couple reasons: location and they were offering on their website a nice dinner and stay package for $220. Upon arrival on Sunday afternoon, we were told that they had not heard of that deal and would check with the innkeeper. The girl behind the desk was so nice and got the innkeeper, Alan, on the phone and was able to have us talk on the phone...WELL, he was SO rude, arrogant, and spoke to me like I was a child. He informed us that we already got a deal on our room..."What more do we want?" I was shocked by his tone and was very insulted. Needless to say the conversation ended early and no dinner was given. We went elsewhere for our anniversary dinner. The room was nice but the bathroom was disgusting. No working light, the shower either was ice cold, or scorching hot...they advertised that Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries wold be in the bathroom.....we got a half used bottle of lotion.....so gross. Now, you know that a bed and breakfast includes the breakfast....we receiveed a yellow ticket to use Monday morning for outr"continental" breakfast.....WELL, when we asked where to go for breakfast we were told the "spread" was on the porch...it was a plate of stale pastries...that is it.....again...disgusting. I could go on, but I feel that I have gotten my point across....bottom line...DO NOT GO HERE....VERY DISAPPOINTED AND VERY MEAN INNKEEPER. Hopefully next year we find a better spot to celebrate our anniversary!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank honesty18
Reviewed 17 October 2008

cold breakfast, both days. dirty bathrooms. unavailable staff,
no phones, no manned front desk, overall disapointment

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank lakakakaka
Reviewed 30 September 2008

We arrived at this hotel without a booking and out of season so the cheaper price we got reflected this. Consequently we were very happy with the room, although basic it was clean with a very comfortable bed. The sitting area was pleasant as was the breakfast room overlooking the beach. Breakfast was included in the rate and it was located in an area where you could walk either direction with lovely views of beach and lake.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julphil
Reviewed 16 September 2008

The location was great, the bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was decent. The visit was peppered with mild inconveniences, however, that added up to an overall very poor impression. The room was small and simple; it had one double bed and a dresser and a small closet. The floor was slanted, which is to be expected from an older building, but it caused the soap to fall off the sink constantly – and no soap dish was provided to at least reduce the slippery soap's chance from constantly falling. The toilet paper holder fell off the wall our first night and housekeeping just left it there when they cleaned. No bathmat was provided. There was one mirror in the room – in the bathroom; it was about 18” in diameter and mounted too low for me to see more than my chin and below in the mirror (I am 5’10”). The room had an iron but no board (we borrowed one from another room and I nearly burned myself on the iron when the rickety thing nearly fell over on the slanted floor). The final blow was finding a previous occupant's dirty underwear under the bed when we were packing to check out.
I'm glad we paid reduced rates secured for a special event, because if I'd paid the advertised rates I would have been furious. I did address some of these concerns with the staff when I checked out; they were actually quite nice and friendly, but couldn’t undo the overall poor impression the room gave.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple