Chateau Inn & Suites
Walden on the Pond(Spring Lake)
US$268
US$258
Hewitt Wellington(Spring Lake)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$177
Doolan's(Spring Lake)
US$115
US$112
  • Breakfast included
Atlantic Inn & Suites(Wall Township)
US$84
US$80
US$91
Economy Inn(Wall Township)
US$79
US$68
Sea Girt Lodge(Wall Township)
US$128
US$106
All reviewswet barcontinental breakfastluxury parlorcookiestrain stationmy husband and iluxury suitesoaking tubbeautiful parkbagelsfew blocksclose to towncomplimentary coffeethe jersey shoreget awaygranolagas fireplace
Reviewed 2 August 2009

The interior and exterior of the Inn were very nice, but the room was very dated. I stayed in the detached building and the room was no better than ahigway motel. Parking is VERY TIGHT.

Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
4  Thank ROBERTLOUISSTEVENSON
Reviewed 7 July 2009

I was pleased by the service and the quality of the rooms at Chateau. Rooms were clean, bathroom especially was nice and luxurious, and food and coffee was excellent. Widescreen TV's with cable too!

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 1 July 2009

We just returned from a two night stay at The Chateau. The room was beautiful with its marble bath, tin ceiling, wet bar with stools, fireplace and lovely leather couch. Everyone at the Inn went out of their way to help us. We took care of our own bags but I did hear the manager on several occasions call for someone to help with the bags of some of the older guests. The afternoon "tea" was a nice touch after a day at the beach. I am a great lover of Cape May, NJ but feel that Spring Lake is much nicer.because it is not as commercial. The homes are mostly owner occupied and have definite pride of ownership showing. I would definitely recommend this Inn to anyone who is traveling.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aubrysmom
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I spent two nights at the Chateau Inn and suites with my mother. I booked the room on a special rate of $169 for a double room mid-week in spring. The confirmation email had confusing language, and I had to reconfirm that they were not charging me for 2 rooms for 2 nights, which is the way they put it in the email.

In retrospect, I would never have prepaid the room, and regretted that I had. They charged my mastercard a completely arbitrary amount, and when I checked in I had to help the front desk girl with her calculator because that is the way they figured out the bill. Make sure you TRIPLE check that they are not overcharging you.

Our initial impression of the room was positive. We had very unfortunate weather the two days/nights we were there, so were unable to really enjoy the beach setting. The room was very darkly furnished and heavy-curtained, with glass sliding doors on the ground level, so we basically were living in complete darkness for the time we spent in the room. The bathroom and amenities were nice, and there was a fully equipped kitchen.

Probably my biggest complaint is that the train station is half a block away and LOUD. I was awoken both nights multiple times by the train.

Sticker shock still struck when we checked out and with the yogurt (Dannon Light, 69 cents at your local Safeway) and tea we had added up into our bill and the 15% NJ tax brought our "bargain rate" to more than $400 for two nights.

• Stayed: June 2009
2  Thank Caligirl74
Reviewed 22 June 2009

We were looking to spend a long weekend in Spring Lake. We usually like nicer hotels so the options are very slim in Spring Lake. We were very pleasantly surprised when we pulled up to the hotel. It's charming and well maintained. Check-in was a breeze and when we got to the room, we were again pleasantly surprised. It was relatively modern and you could tell they had recently renovated them. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious. The only thing we could have used was a microwave.

My biggest concern when deciding between Chateau and the other hotels was the distance from the beach relative to the other hotels. This did not end up being an issue. It is a five minute drive and parking at the beach is absolutely no problem. We walked from the beach one day and it was not bad either.

The staff were very helpful. I do think the cost is a bit on the high side but it seems that is the case in the whole town. We drove by the other hotels that we were considering, and we were very happy that we chose Chateau. The others don't look nearly as maintained as Chateau.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family