“Love the Chateau Inn and Suites....a few things to improve.”

Chateau Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Spring Lake
Reviewed 26 November 2010

Love staying at this very well located , charming and clean hotel. I have stayed here alone and with my spouse and loved each room and suite that I was assigned to. The rooms are well appointed and the free WiFi is a plus! Love the complimentary coffee , cookies and tea.
During my most recent visit, I requested a one night stay and was told that there was a two night minimum. This was November at the beach...really??? They asked me to call them in the morning and they would consider booking the room for only one night; however, several hours later, they called me to say they would accept a one night booking. I was alone during this stay and the staff did not ask me if I required assistance with my luggage although I had heard them offer assistance to others. Breakfast, in the past, had always been complimentary. There was a fee this time and when I questioned that, I was told that there had always been a fee on weekends. This clearly was not my experience.
The Chateau Inn and Suites is a wonderful place to escape to at the Jersey shore. It's close to town and the beach. The management should consider offering luggage assistance to guests and making the continental breakfast complimentary.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank wenronian

Reviewed 15 November 2010

The Chateau has a lot to offer. It is an easy walk to the beach. They offer bike rentals and it is fun to ride the 2-mile commercial-free boardwalk. It is also fun to ride around the quiet, picturesque town and past the three scenic lakes and the sprawling inns and residences. It is a relaxing yet energetic pace.

One of its biggest draws for us is that The Chateau offers complimentary passes to the Atlantic Club, a premiere fitness facility, which offers outstanding classes and abundant fitness equipment.

There are tennis courts nearby the Chateau as well. Additionally, we typically hike the perimeter trail at the Manasquan Reservoir, as well as hike around Allaire Park. Always something to do in the area!

The Chateau offers afternoon tea and cookies, which is a nice touch. The lobby area is cozy and peaceful.

We were upgraded to a "parlor" room which we appreciated. Our initial "traditional" room had a very small bath and tub.

The rooms have DVD players so you can bring your favorite videos along.

The continental breakfast is complimentary during the winter season. We really enjoy it, as we are carb lovers!

We would not refer to the Chateau as "sophisticated" or "elegant", but it is charming, quaint, and cozy and we always feel at home.

The only suggestion we would make is for them to put a microwave in the lobby area (perhaps next to the toaster), so everyone can see and have access to it.

The only reason we did not rate the inn as a "5" is because all the outside decks have ash trays, which not only detracts from the overall appearance, but the smell of smoke on some visits was unpleasant. Please go non-smoking, Chateau!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LouisePennsylvania
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I cannot say enough great things about the Chateau! My family had been at another location that was not meeting our expectations. I called and spoke to Robert who was so friendly and accommodating!. The rooms are spotless and comfortable. Lavish decor with modern amenities. The continental breakfast is excellent. We are planning our next visit. I would highly recommend this to anyone! Great job Chateau!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Our family stayed at the Chateau Inn to attend a wedding. I got to see 5 different suites/parlors and each varied greatly. All of the rooms were nicely decorated. Beds were comfortable and the plumbing was great. The biggest differences had to do windows/lighting and the flow of room (some front doors opened into the living area, one opened into a hallway, another directly into the bedroom). Our suite opened into a hallway that divided the bedroom from the living area. That gave us a lot of privacy since we were traveling with a teenage son. I read another review that complained about noise from the train. I disagree. First, I like the sound of trains and second, it could barely be heard (this was not a train with squeaky breaks). If you don't like the train, close the window and turn on the A/C!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank RiverMud
Reviewed 30 August 2010

2 of my best friends and I had an off weekend at our Fire Island share house and heard that they Jersey Shore was really fun. The 3 of us had never been and absolutely fell in love with “The shore”. We arrived Thursday night and stayed at The Chateau in Spring Lake. We discovered the Sandbar and Union Landing which were so much fun!! We took our bikes (provided by our Fab hotel) to Spring Lake Beach Fri, Sat and Sunday. Amazing… No one locks their bikes (aka Beach Cruisers) and thought the beaches were beautiful! What a refreshing difference from the city! We loved the combination of night life, great beaches and really nice people. The Chateau was great. Beautiful room with many nice touches such as a balcony, comfy beds, Aveda products and really nice employees. Always had fresh towels, front desk people really took good care of us, always asking if we were having fun and if we needed anything. Convenient to the train, liquor store, great deli and easy to get a cab to get to bars/restaurants. Really fun experience and we hope for good weather to come back again in Sept!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We usually go to Long Island for family trips however we decided to try something new. We spent 4 days in Spring Lake and it was fantastic. We loved the town, shops, restaurants, beaches, etc. We stayed at The Chateau in a beautiful suite. The staff was friendly, recommended a variety of “kid friendly” places to go/things to do and they made our trip memorable. We biked to Spring Lake Beach where no one locks their bikes! Union Landing and River House were 2 of our favorites where kids weren't bored and we could enjoy ourselves.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole8004
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We have stayed in many different places on the Jersey shore and The Chateau Inn and Suites is by far the best. We are so happy we finally found it. The location is perfect for our weekend get aways and so close to the beach and the lake. It is a little pricy but well worth it. The staff was very accomodating when we asked for suggestions on a quiet dinner and they recommended a great local restaurant that also became a favorite of ours. We are looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
The Asbury Hotel
The Asbury Hotel
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Chateau Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!