“Just Love this B & B” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
New York
“Just Love this B & B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

Another great stay! Just love this B & B. When we arrived, we found out that they were picked by HGTV and that the room we selected - The Seraphim Room - was one of newly designed rooms by the TV show Design Star. I was excited, but a little nervous. But, WOW -the room was so beautiful & so romantic.
Had a peaceful night sleep & we headed down for breakfast . Had the french toast creme brulee / coffee - the best! Headed to the beach for the day. I highly recommend the Spring Lake Inn - it's one block to the ocean and the staff are so nice & helpful. Always a great time!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

What a lovely INN and it was so welcoming! Thank you Barbara and Andy!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

This was a great place to stay with my family. The room service was excellent and the restaurant was great. I would not recommend any other place to stay with you family. I defiantly plan on coming next year with my family. The room were superb. I had a great night sleep every night and the activities were very enjoyable. The beach is beautiful and is in walking distance from your room. If You plan on going vacation soon, look no further because this is the place to stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
North Bergen, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

My best friend and I always talked about going away together. We have been friends for 39 years and finally had our weekend getaway at the Spring Lake Inn. We had an awesome time, we are already planning our next trip back.

The place is super clean and the food great! The staff was helpful and very friendly. The Inn had everything we needed, comfortable beds, beautiful sceneries, etc. We agreed to make this our getaway place to relax from our busy, crazy lives.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

The Spring Lake Inn was lovely. I had a nice rapport with Cheri. She was helpful, friendly and assisted me with moving my walker down the steps of the inn. It was brought inside in the evening. I did experience difficulty with a staff member who had a hip fracture who was not supposed to lift objects. A guest assisted me at that time it was my last evening.
On arrival I extended my stay an additional night. Thursday, I asked if I cancelled Friday night would i lose my money. I would. So this was OK I left the reservation. The weather had become stormy.

Later Thursday evening the owner confronted me and said I could leave Friday AM. I told him 'but its OK I'm staying' !. He then went on to say I had complained to a guest about the breakfast that morning and about the water not being hot for tea.. I informed him there was not a choice that morning for breakfastI. It was french toast in an orange sauce. Not my cup of tea!. I tried it and did not like it. There were cereals, cake etc.
He then mentioned people over 50yrs develop medical conditions. He himself had a knee replacement. He said you just have to get on with it. I told him my medical condition was a little more complicated. ( I wondered why he addressed medical concerns.)
Anyway I guess it was established I was staying the extra night. I told him he made me feel like an ingrate.

Later, after consideration I decided to leave that night on the last train to NYC. I was upset. I was a paying guest. I was free to make a complaint or remarks regarding the service.
Maryanne who was on duty was apologetic and returned my money for the extra night.
Her daughter helped me to the Taxi.
I would not stay at this Inn again. The owner was curt, rude and unfriendly.
When i booked my reservation I informed the staff I had a walker. I did not need it inside the inn.
The major probem was the unpleasant incidence with the owner which upset me so much I felt the need to leave the inn that night.

Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Offended026
springlakeinn, Owner at Spring Lake Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2011
We have many different types of people of all ages who stay with us. We are not a handicap accessible facility and do inform callers of this. We offer assistance to everyone whenever we are asked. We provided towels and a beach chair daily to this guest, waiting on our front porch. We carried the walker up the steps each time she left and arrived. We provided exceptional service to an individual in need.
Many of our guests enjoy a glass of wine on our expansive porch. Sometimes this changes the personality of a guest.
Our cancellation policy as listed on our website and explained in detail to our callers does not permit a guest to give us a room back because of the weather. This is not fair to any operator of a business. We are not responsible for the weather. When someone does not get their way as in a refund for booking an additional night, they may unfairly voice their displeasure to anyone willing to listen. A regular guest informed us of the annoying negative conversations on our porch while trying to relax and enjoy.
Our specialty items such as peach french toast is offered each day. Guests who do not want this order eggs and omelettes. This guest had an egg white omelette with fresh tomatoes the prior morning served by the owner. Why not ask again?
If you have difficulty with a staff member and the owner, maybe the difficulty is not with those people. In the end someone got their money back and left us with an empty room that we could have booked in our peak season, and we got a false review. " The Inn was a lovely house. Very picturesque well maintained". How does this justify a 1 star rating?
Our entire staff works very hard to please all our guests and takes comments to heart.
Oak Hill, Va.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

Convenient to the beach. Short drive to restaurants/shopping. Nice rooms, breakfast was average. Staff was pleasant to deal with.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Wyckoff, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2011

This is a perfect place for a mini-getaway- our second time here in as many months. My wife and I brought our 21 year old son, a U.S. Marine, here because we wanted him to savor the simple pleasures of the "good life" in the U.S.A . before he re-deploys to Afghanistan. He (and we) was not disappointed!. We all enjoyed the warm hospitality of Andy, the owner, and his wonderful staff. The hearty breakfasts were delicious, and the afternoon homemade cookies and fresh fruit available throughout the day are nice touches. The rooms are immaculate, it has a wonderful wrap-around porch, and the location is ideal- only a block and a half from the beach. We are definitely planning to return again soon!

• Stayed May 2011
#6 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
White Lilac Inn
White Lilac Inn
#2 of 8 in Spring Lake

Been to Spring Lake Inn? Share your experiences!