“Serentity at it Best!”

and 1 more site!
White Lilac Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Spring Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This Lovely, Serene Bed and Breakfast hosted a very, special week for me...

I was meeting my Sister for the First Time...We found each other the previous year, thanks to Facebook..I live in New Jersey, in The Spring Lake Area, My Sister lives in California...She wanted to meet me in person...and made the first move to come to Nj..

I was over the Moon, and wanted to make this Visit, one she and I would always remember and Cherish... I decided to treat her to stay at a Local Bed and Breakfast, in which , I could be close by, but she would still have a Vacation and visit all in one...

The owner, Mari and her Dog Buddy, were the Perfect Host for this one in a lifetime visit..
Mari helped me plan a very special week. The Inn was beautiful, quaint, spotless and the perfect serene, peaceful enivronment, I wanted for my Sister, a home like setting, where we could visit and get to know each other for the first time...

The Inn had such a wonderful effect on us both, it felt like we were back in the past, and living in a big, old loving home, that Welcomed us with open arms..We Rode bikes, along the like, shopped and lunch, on the peaceful, clean streets of Third Avenue, walked on the beach and enjoyed home cooked breakfast every morning..in the beautiful, old fashioned, warm, dining area

We were so sad to see the week end, but, it bonded us, and it created a cherished memory for me , one of meeting, the other half of my heart...In a perfect setting, where it just seemed "It was made to be"

I cannot Thanks Mari and her staff for provided us with this Elegant Home and making us feel...Like "We were Home"

Everytime, my sister visits, this will be our special place and I look forward to future stays at The White Lilac Inn.

Room Tip: Elegant, rooms....comfortable, clean...
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank bufordthepug

Reviewed 9 June 2011

We have stayed at the White Lilac Inn before but we seem to discover something new each time we go. This was the perfect trip to relax and recharge! After a breakfast that I wish I could wake up to every morning, we decided to take the complimentary bikes out for a spin.
There is a really cute downtown to do some shopping and just a few blocks away is the beach/boardwalk. What ever you do, I'm sure you will agree its peaceful and beautiful.
We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank milkweed01
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My husband and I spent our 3rd wonderful weekend here to celebrate my June birthday and to relax after a busy week. The Inn is beautifully decorated, very homey, bright, and clean, with soft music playing and sweets awaiting from a day enjoying the beach or reservoir. Private and comfortable, always a treat. Go!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2011

My husband and I just loved our stay at the White Lilac Inn over Memorial Day weekend. Our room was beautiful, air conditioned and quiet. Our breakfast was delicious and we loved the "little touches" like coming home to fresh cookies and tea. We left feeling relaxed and pampered.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2010

My wife,Sandra and I stayed here on Oct.8th for the second time. Our only misgiving was that Mari and Buddy were not there when we were. We missed them. The Inn is an excellent play to stay. The location is great as is the Inn itself. Very charming and quaint. Spring Lake is a great place to be. We will surely be back again. Thanks Mari, Greg Henderson and Sandra Pruzansky

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2010

We planned a peaceful getaway to the 'white lilac room' and had hoped to enjoy sitting out on the balcony, opening the french doors at night to feel the breeze, and to enjoy the jacuzzi for two. Unfortunately, that experience did not materialize. Small rooms are common in B&B's from the 1880's, but this room had a bathroom the size of a closet and was almost impossible to navigate in. But putting the bathroom size aside, what really bothered us the most was the lack of attention to details.

We checked in on a day where the temperature was 90, hot, and humid. No one had turned on the air conditioner for us so we entered a room that was sweltering. Being that we were the only guests in the inn at the time, I couldn't imagine why this detail was overlooked. I expected to walk in and see a beautiful room with a big jacuzzi and a beautiful poster bed. That is what the photos looked like and it said 'jacuzzi for two'. Instead, we walked into a hot room where the jacuzzi was right in the middle of the room (and only big enough for one adult) and the poster bed was bare and drab. No one had even bothered to put up any drapery on the poster bed, so it looked lackluster and unromantic. On top of that, one of the window curtains was also hung wrong side out so it appeared that whoever put the room together did not care about its appearance.

All night long, the outside lights were kept on and so you had to keep the curtains closed to keep the lights from shining into the room. As though that wasn't enough of a problem, the NJ Transit train runs only 1/2 block from the B&B so almost all night long we were awakened by the train whistles. I went to sit out on the balcony area to enjoy the fresh air, and noticed that no one had bothered to put the cushions on the chairs for us nor did anyone sweep off the debris or cobwebs from the balcony. All of these things were very depressing and did not make me feel like any attention was given to appearance or comfort.

Because we slept so poorly and were awakened by the train whistles all night long, we decided to leave the next day and to go home early. We spoke to a staff member and asked if we could speak to Mari about the situation but were informed that she was not up yet. So we ate our breakfast, signed the bill, and packed to go home. We were there until 10 AM, but Mari never bothered to see us or inquire as to what was wrong. So we left the 'white lilac inn' with the distinct impression that our comfort was not important to the innkeeper. Overall, it was a very disappointing experience.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SLevittNj
Management response:Responded 7 October 2010

I am sorry that you seemed to disapprove of everything and were disappointed that there were no other guests staying that particular day. It was right after a Holiday weekend and the room you choose has the same bed in the picture, a 40gallon Jacuzzi tub, however, the curtains are different then the photo. They are room darkening to help keep out he sun and the A/C was there for you to use as you wished, but you kept the doors open to the porch... It is important to us that our guests enjoy their stay and I am usually available for my guests.
The day you spoke to my staff member I had been up as usual and had the early bird coffee out for my guests by 7:30am.
When Lara, my staff member came in she took over, which is her usual routine? Preparing breakfast and assisting guests. I did go back upstairs and was not available for you due to a Migraine headache, so I am sorry I did not get to speak with you, however, Lara had asked one of the couple "If everything was alright?" And she was told "It had nothing to do with the Inn, but one of them did not sleep well and was not feeling well and that on occasion they suffered from chronic facial pain and just wanted to go home." Your comfort is important to us.
We did not charge you for the second night we were concerned that a guest was not well. Once again I am sorry for your disappointment!
Mari.

Reviewed 26 August 2010

You will feel very welcome at White Lilac. The proprietors are concerned about where you will dine that night and making sure that you know where the bikes are parked as well as assuring that you enjoyed the breakfast. (The waffles one day, and omelet the next: they were delicious.) Mari and Franke genuinely concerned themselves with every aspect of our stay, but there was no hovering as you get soimetimes at a B&B. My wife and our children, 21 & 17, enjoyed the quiet street that is still a brief bike ride from the beach. We will visit again -- unless this enthusiastic review and the others below have the effect of shutting us out!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family