“Gracious living”
Review of Whistling Swan Inn

Whistling Swan Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Stanhope B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2010

My husband and I stayed for one night but will come back for more. It was a lovely place, beautifully furnished, graciously supplied with afternoon snacks and sherry and a CD and video library. Breakfast was excellent and we were able to eat outside on the wrap around porch.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 May 2010

my husband brought me here for my birthday/babymoon. it was fantastic! Liz is such a great host and everything was superb!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2010

This was a beautiful inn in Stanhope, NJ. We stayed on the third floor in the High Pointe suite which was quiet, nicely decorated and had a nice-sized jacuzzi. Breakfast was delicious. We didn't do much in Stanhope itself but used the inn as our base to go hiking and rock scrambling in the nearby state parks and the Delaware Water Gap. The hosts were VERY helpful in planning our days and evenings.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2010

My boyfriend and I spent last Saturday night at the Whistling Swan and it was the perfect getaway. The suite was very nicely decorated and exceptionally clean. The 2 person jacuzzi was amazing, we could have speant all night there. Can't wait to come back for anoher visit to check out one of the other suites.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2010

I highly recommend this bed & breakfast. My husband and I have traveled every year for our birthdays and anniversary. We always make sure its surprise for the birthday travel. My husband was completely shocked as we had never been to a B&B before. He left however with a big smile on his face. He was '''truly impressed'' with the comfort and intimacy of the setting. Our host and hostess were just the warmest, kindest, friendliest people one could ever wish to meet. The bed was soooo comfortable, and the fireplace adn jaccuzi in the room were an extra treat. This was a welcome change from our previous trips. I overheard my husband bragging about ''the fun he had over the weekend to his friends". I encourage everyone to try this B&B..did I mention the food was great!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2010

great place to get away. Friendly innkeepers. the Inn was beautifully decorated for the holidays.The single rooms are nice,but if you can the suites are the way to go.Have stayed here twice and look forward to returning.
Breakfast is ample and well done. The only thing that could be improved is the coffee (on lukewarm side).
Bell's Mansion down the street is Great for dinner.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Very nice B&B. Beautifully decorated. Quite neighborhood, but there is a very nice
restaurant a short walk down the street. Nice bike trail nearby.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanhope
Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center
Super 8 Budd Lake
Super 8 Budd Lake
#1 of 4 in Budd Lake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area

Been to Whistling Swan Inn? Share your experiences!