“Very Pleasant Surprise!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Stanhope B&B and Inns
Westport, Massachusetts
“Very Pleasant Surprise!”
Reviewed 4 July 2010

My wife and I had just dropped our daughter off at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh and were going to start the long drive home to Massachusetts in the morning. I didn't want to do the full 11 hour drive in one shot so I checked the internet for hotels along the way. Planned on staying at one of the chains when I noticed the Whistling Swam Inn. I booked online and am I glad I did!

For a very reasonable price we got a comfortable, romantic room (with a shower for two!) in a very nice bed and breakfast inn located in a quaint NJ town. The innkeepers and staff were pleasant, helpful and friendly. There is a nice restaurant in walking distance that we took advantage of (which was great since it was a beautiful evening and I had had enough driving for the day). Back at the inn we took advantage of the shower, the comfortable bed and the DVD library for a movie. In the morning we had a nice filling and tasty breakfast outside on the wraparound porch before starting the rest of the drive home.

The Whistling Swan Inn was a perfect stop and I felt refreshed and relaxed after a single night. Will definitely stay again if I have the opportunity.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 26 June 2010

My husband and I stayed for one night but will come back for more. It was a lovely place, beautifully furnished, graciously supplied with afternoon snacks and sherry and a CD and video library. Breakfast was excellent and we were able to eat outside on the wrap around porch.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 May 2010

my husband brought me here for my birthday/babymoon. it was fantastic! Liz is such a great host and everything was superb!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Closter, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 May 2010

This was a beautiful inn in Stanhope, NJ. We stayed on the third floor in the High Pointe suite which was quiet, nicely decorated and had a nice-sized jacuzzi. Breakfast was delicious. We didn't do much in Stanhope itself but used the inn as our base to go hiking and rock scrambling in the nearby state parks and the Delaware Water Gap. The hosts were VERY helpful in planning our days and evenings.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Colts Neck, NJ
Reviewed 3 April 2010

My boyfriend and I spent last Saturday night at the Whistling Swan and it was the perfect getaway. The suite was very nicely decorated and exceptionally clean. The 2 person jacuzzi was amazing, we could have speant all night there. Can't wait to come back for anoher visit to check out one of the other suites.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
negale
Reviewed 31 March 2010

I highly recommend this bed & breakfast. My husband and I have traveled every year for our birthdays and anniversary. We always make sure its surprise for the birthday travel. My husband was completely shocked as we had never been to a B&B before. He left however with a big smile on his face. He was '''truly impressed'' with the comfort and intimacy of the setting. Our host and hostess were just the warmest, kindest, friendliest people one could ever wish to meet. The bed was soooo comfortable, and the fireplace adn jaccuzi in the room were an extra treat. This was a welcome change from our previous trips. I overheard my husband bragging about ''the fun he had over the weekend to his friends". I encourage everyone to try this B&B..did I mention the food was great!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
freehold
Reviewed 5 January 2010

great place to get away. Friendly innkeepers. the Inn was beautifully decorated for the holidays.The single rooms are nice,but if you can the suites are the way to go.Have stayed here twice and look forward to returning.
Breakfast is ample and well done. The only thing that could be improved is the coffee (on lukewarm side).
Bell's Mansion down the street is Great for dinner.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanhope
Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center
Wooden Duck B&B
Wooden Duck B&B
#1 of 1 in Newton
Alpine Haus Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Whistling Swan Inn? Share your experiences!