“The Housekeepers Steal!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stanhope
Gardnerville, Nevada
“The Housekeepers Steal!”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times, and was very disappointed with my last visit. I suggested this hotel to my daughter and I booked her a room online and requested a crib. A few days before arrival I confirmed the reservation and inquired about the crib. They said "did you mention that in your reservation?" I said yes, and they said OK. They never warned me at that point that the cribs were first come, first serve. When my daughter arrived in the evening, there were no cribs available, and when she entered her room, it was evident that the housekeeper forgot to clean that room. She drove a long way to a messy room and no crib. After the visit and upon arriving home, she noticed a watch, a pair of shoes and a jacket were missing. Warning: DON'T LEAVE YOUR VALUABLES OUT AT THIS HOTEL! In fact, lock them up!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Linda E
ResidenceInnTeam, Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Thank you very much for recently staying with us and especially for taking time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey. I noticed we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay and we are working diligently to address your concerns. I apologize that a crib was not available at the time of arrival for your daughter. Unfortunately, these are on a first come, first serve basis due to the limited amount we have on property. It can become difficult to predict how many cribs will be requested during a certain time period. After hearing this news, we were going to purchase a new crib specifically for your daughter to resolve this matter. After speaking with your daughter the following morning, she informed us that a friend had already dropped off a crib for her to use. Again, we apologized for this inconvenience and provided her a bottle of wine as a token of our appreciation of her business and our sincerest apology. Our housekeepers work very hard to keep our guest rooms clean and an unacceptable guest room is not the standard at our hotel. I regret the situation you are in and I can assure you that our staff are professionals and handle our guestrooms with the utmost care and respect, especially regarding our guests personal belongings. All of our housekeepers are checked out by a manager before leaving the property each shift and I can assure you our staff followed the proper protocol with your belongings. We have found no indication of any wrongdoing by our housekeeping staff and have full truest in our employees. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible and I apologize we fell short of that goal on your visit. Please consider staying with us again. Our staff takes a lot of pride in providing our guests with excellent service and we want to make sure you are able to experience that during your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Darien, Connecticut, USA
Reviewed 17 December 2012

The hotel emailed me mid day asking if I was still planning on staying, which I thought odd, but still replied. It seems they were overbooked so two of my colleagues were sent over to the Holiday Inn next door.

The Room itself is what you would expect from a Residence Inn. not 5 star luxury but still comfortable. The bed was comfortable and I had a good night's sleep. There is a decent work area and a small kitchen. I always wonder how clean the utensils and plates are.

i did not have breakfast not any meals in the hotel as I had a 7am meeting the next day.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Wandering-from-CT
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Mt. Olive Inn for a weekend in October. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable on arrival. Unfortunately, the housekeeper did not visit the room during our stay. We specifically told him when we were leaving the first day of our stay, as we were there until early afternoon. The room was not touched. The complimentary hot breakfast was a very pleasant surprise, with lots of tasty options. My biggest gripe is that a hold was put on my credit card after I paid a cash deposit, and it was not released when I checked out. I was lucky I had a full gas tank, because otherwise I would not have made it home, which is 4 hours away. Calls to the hotel assured me the hold was released as soon as i checked out, but again, not the case at all. I will consider staying here again, as all in all it is a nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank 812rickysgirl
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We have stayed here a few times as it is close to relatives in the area. However, during our recent stay, our room did not get cleaned either day. When I told the front desk person after the first day, she seemed concerned and sent clean towels since the housekeeping staff had left, and said she'd report it to the manager. However, when we returned to our room the next day to shower and change for dinner, same thing. The place had not been cleaned. Seems pretty basic and strange for a Marriott property. We will try a different place at Thanksgiving.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank martarian
ResidenceInnTeam, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you had during your stay with us at the Residence Inn in Mt Olive. I appreciate your feedback as it allowed me the opportunity to fix this problem immediately. I have shared your story with my team and have addressed the process breakdowns that permitted this mistake to be made. I would like to invite you back to our hotel for Thanksgiving. We would be thrilled with the opportunity to prove that your previous experience is not the service we strive to provide at our hotel. Thank you again for your feedback.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed here in September of 2012 as it was the group hotel for a nearby wedding. The building and facilities all seem very new or at least very clean. We arrived late and were greeted with genuine friendliness. Check in was easy and we were off to our room. The room was one of the studio queens. The room was quite large and had a queen bed, pull out sofa bed, chair, work table and a small breakfast bar which led to the mini full kitchen. We don't have a dishwasher at home and just smiled when we saw one here! That's right dishwasher, stove, fridge, etc..... We commented on how this would be a great room for a business traveler and/or family with small children.

The common area downstairs has a foosball table, pool table, ping pong table, darts, fireplace, TV and a leave a book take a book library which I always think is classy. That area becomes the free breakfast area in the morning which was complete with cereals, bagels, coffee, juice, eggs, bacon, french toast and waffles.

I can't comment on the area other than you are less than 5 minutes to downtown Stanhope where there is the Stanhope House... excellent food and live music there almost every night. We went there for dinner and left very happy.

All in all a great stay right off of Rt 80.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Picked this hotel mostly because I was looking for a suite-type hotel about one hour west of NYC for an overnight stop enroute. Only negative was that it seemed a little overpriced for the area...the premium for a suite hotel was much higher than other areas I've stayed.

It was easy to get to right off I-80 in a large convention and office park community. They were super friendly at checking, going out of their way to offer my kids crayons and colouring paper to welcome them. The suite itself was nice with a fireplace and two average size bedrooms, each featuring a queen bed. Breakfast the next morning was standard fare for a Residence Inn...not great, but decent and free.

Overall, this proved to be a good stop that fit with our roadtrip schedule, and made it an easy trip the next morning in to New York City.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank noelk
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Upon arrival on Friday, the remote to the TV did not work. A person came up to check and said they needed the Chief Engineer. Saturday, still a problem with remote and tv, "engineer will not be in till Monday" The solution would have been to move us or get another tv. Offered to give us points- no idea of how many. Breakfast was close to cold. Soap in shower was there from previous resident. Bottle of colorless nailpolish on floor next to couch...visible from chair. Wall paper in bathroom was not pristine clean. The Courtyard in this area is much nicer. To top the weekend off...Sunday brought a power failure to only certain parts of the hotel like our bathroom, but not the kitchen. Not a happy Marriott fan.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank DurhamQuilter
ResidenceInnTeam, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
We apologize from the bottom of our hearts.
First and foremost I would like to say thank you for providing your feedback about your stay with us at the Residence Inn in Mt Olive. I sincerely apologize for the power outage that occurred during your stay. I know that this was a severe inconvenience that affected your satisfaction with our hotel. In addition, I want to say thank you for informing me of the other issues that occurred during your stay. I have personally addressed the issues you mentioned to assure this does not happen again at our hotel. We strive every day at the Residence Inn in Mt Olive to provide the highest quality service for our guests. I apologize that these standards were not met during your stay. To have the opportunity to prove this is not the typical service we provide at the Residence Inn, we would like to invite you to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Mt Olive. Thank you so much for your feedback.
Have a wonderful day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanhope
Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area
#1 of 4 in Budd Lake
Days Inn Budd Lake
Days Inn Budd Lake
#4 of 4 in Budd Lake

Been to Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center? Share your experiences!