Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center
Priceline
US$97
US$79
QualityInn
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington(Mount Arlington)
US$148
US$139
US$107
Holiday Motel(Andover)
US$80
US$78
US$145
All reviewsfront deskrooms bookedoff rtdaughters weddingmarriott rewardskitchen areafull kitchenthe general managera great staycomplimentary breakfastvisiting familynice roomone bedroom suitethree nightswe've stayedextended stayyogurt
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This hotel is not really located by anything for kids but having the pool I thouhght would distract them. This is the only reason why I am giving this hotel 4 and not 5 stars. The ventalation was so bad in that pool area it was literally making my eyes burn and my childrens throats hurt. My daughters were in for 5 minutes and their eyes were completely blood shot. It was to the point of unsafe. As far as the hotel itself the rooms were extremely clean and very spacious for my needs. The price was excellent for what they give. The fact that breakfast was offered was a plus as well.the staff was very friendly and professional. I probably would not stay here again only due to the fact this location was not really for a vacation. I would recommend it highly if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sd102392
ResidenceInnTeam, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you very much for recently staying with us and especially for taking time to complete a Trip Advisor review. I noticed we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay and we are working diligently to address your concerns. I apologize that the condition of the pool made your experience less than desirable. We have recently just added an additional ventilation exhaust fan to make the pool more enjoyable for future guests. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience. I am pleased to hear that the cleanliness of your guest room did meet your expectations. Our housekeepers work very hard to keep our guest rooms clean and an unacceptable guest room is not the standard at our hotel. I will be sure to share these comments with our staff members. Thank you for the feedback. Please feel free to contact me again if you would like to discuss this further. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible and I apologize we fell short of that goal on your visit. Please consider staying with us again. Our staff takes a lot of pride in providing our guests with excellent service and we want to make sure you are able to experience that during your next visit.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We have stayed here many times because we need the suite layout for our family with smal children and we have family nearby so this hotel fits our needs well. However, we have had several bad experiences. On one of our previous stays there were loud drunk people directly below our
Room at the picnic tables outside. We called the desk twice during the middle of the night and the desk person apologized profusely but nothing was done. This past visit however was the worst. We checked in around 8pm after traveling for the past 12 hours with our two children, ages 3 and 6 months. We were told that although we had reserved a pack n play they were out of them. We had nowhere for our 6
Month old to sleep! Then they told us that we should go to target or Walmart and buy one! I did because I had no other option! On top of it, the directions they gave us were wrong so I was lost at 9pm trying to find a store
To purchase something for
My over tired infant to sleep in. Unbelievable. Then on our last day the power went out. No kitchen appliances, lights, elevators, etc.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Gennasm
ResidenceInnTeam, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Gennasm,

I want to take this time to personally thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Mt. Olive. We take great pride in our hotel and the high level of service we strive to give to our guests during their stay with us.

Needless to say, I was appalled to hear that you did not receive our normal high level of service our loyal guests have come to expect from us. I would like to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experiences you encountered during your previous stays.

I’m so sorry you experienced some noise issues during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event. We regret you experienced a noise level that made your stay unpleasant.

My apologies for you not receiving a crib you requested upon arrival. We try very hard to ensure each guest receives all requests and are sorry we were unable to meet your needs. I can assure you this is not the norm at our hotel. I will address the issues you experienced with our staff, as we never wish to provide a guest with any discomfort, especially when providing directions to local establishments.

I also want to apologize for the power outage you experienced while visiting our property. Unfortunately, due to severe weather, the entire area was affect from the storm and lost power, along with our property.

I can further assure you that your choice in choosing our hotel over another one was not an error and I certainly hope that you will allow us another chance to reprieve our mistakes and let us serve you again in the near future and keep you coming back to our hotel. Your business is never taken for granted at our hotel.

Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit to our hotel, so that I can personally ensure your complete satisfaction with our hotel. If you need to speak with me for any reason, please feel free to call me directly at 973-691-1720 ext 4905. We look forward to being of better service to you in the future.

I am confident that your next visit to the Residence Inn by Marriott Mt. Olive will be more enjoyable!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel due to a funeral. The reservationist was very helpful in booking multiple rooms close together on short notice. I compared prices before calling and this hotel was most affordable for our party. We received lower rate than I saw on our credit card site due to AAA. Check in/out was courteous and quick.

The rooms booked were a 1 and 2 bedroom suite. The 2 bedroom had 2 baths. Both rooms had a sleeper sofa and large kitchen/eating area. Very clean, equipped and comfortable.

This is obviously more of a corporate park area, and not necessarily a vacation hotel. I saw the gym and basketball court outside. It is very convenient to Rt. 80 and 46.

The breakfast was more than sufficient for us. Most places do not provide anything so it was greatly appreciated that we did not need to search for a breakfast place.

We would definitely stay again. I am unsure of where the negative reviews came from, certainly not here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
ResidenceInnTeam, Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you very much for recently staying with us and especially for taking time to complete an online review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff takes a lot of pride in providing each guest with excellent service and we are able to use these reviews to praise them and/or to improve for future guest experiences. We all appreciate you choosing to stay with us! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Mount Olive, NJ area. Thanks again.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Lucky Me I got to use points! What a waste of points!. This place was just a one night stay, or I would never have checked in. It is in a commercial zone. Backing up to a major highway. NO FAR FROM A SEWER TREATMENT PLANT!!!. So at night....the smell outside was bad. They were charging $200.00 a night and the place was packed. I guess there is no where else to stay in the area. The rooms were ugly, carpet on the floor did not help you from hearing everyone walking in the hall or above. This place needs a super redo or a tear-down. The help was fine and the free breakfast was OK as long as you were up early (closed at 9AM) Also, I noticed people out side and inside that seemed a somewhat seedy and beer drinking out of paper bags. Did not feel comfortable.

Room Tip: Face the parking lot on high floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank eccentricbob
ResidenceInnTeam, Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Needless to say, I was appalled to hear that you did not receive our normal high level of service our loyal guests have come to expect from us. I would like to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay.

To show our gratitude for your stay with us and to express our sorrow for what you experienced, I am willing to offer you a complimentary stay at our property to rectify your previous experience.

Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit to our hotel, so that I can personally ensure your complete satisfaction with our hotel. If you need to speak with me for any reason, please feel free to call me directly at 973-691-1720 Ext: 4905. We look forward to being of better service to you in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I have to give kudos to the entire staff at this Marriott property.everybody was so nice and the property itself was in tip top shape.the morning breakfast was over the top.the room itself was a one bedroom suite and it was awesome.bed very comfortable and felt like I was home.thank you very much for a enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
ResidenceInnTeam, Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Thank you very much for recently staying with us and especially for taking time to complete an online review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff takes a lot of pride in providing each guest with excellent service and we are able to use these reviews to praise them and to improve future guest experiences. We all appreciate you choosing to stay with us!

Thanks again and we hope you will stay with us again in the future.