“Nice hotel... but one suggestion!”

Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stanhope
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We often stay at the Residence In n Mt. Olive when traveling. However, during a recent stay, the satellite TV reception was so poor, that we were unable to watch anything on TV. It wuld have been nice to relax and watch TV for awhile after dinner and before bed, especially with a nice electric fireplace in our room, however that did not work out as planned... Hopefully this will be looked into and fixed before our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ResidenceInnTeam, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Brigan2013,

Thank you for loyalty and choosing our property when you visit the Mount Olive area. I hope that you are enjoying your accommodations and that the staff service is meeting all of your expectations.

I want to apologize for the issues you experienced during your past visit. We have recently changed our cable providers and have just finished resolving all our HD signal issues. I know you’ve been inconvenienced during your stay due to these conditions. This is not the standard at our hotel. I can assure you that the normal high level of service you have come to expect from Marriott and us will be rectified. My apologies again.

It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible and I am sorry if we fell short of that goal. Our staff takes a lot of pride in providing our guests with excellent service and we want to make sure you are able to experience that during your visit.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

The hotel could be upgraded. Very dated for a Residence Inn and not much around as far as activities. The staff tries to work with you but unfortunately lacks customer service. Wish we had stayed somewhere else.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank outdoor12
ResidenceInnTeam, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Mount Olive. Our goal is for you to have a comfortable and relaxing stay. Our entire staff is dedicated to the mission of being the cleanest and friendliest hotel in the area by anticipating your needs and exceeding your expectations. We strive to provide you with service so memorable that you’ll tell stories about it! I appreciate your feedback and taking the time to write a review on your experiences. I am sorry about your experience with our staff. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for any issues you had. Our property will be ongoing a renovation within the next year to provide our guests with a more enjoyable stay. We look forward to being of better service to you in the future. I am confident that your next visit to the Residence Inn by Marriott Mt. Olive will be more enjoyable! My apologies once again.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

The hotel was very accommodating. Very friendly and courteous staff. Here are a few suggestions I would recommend the hotel doing:
1) Firmer mattresses
2) Night Lights for rooms (optional)
3) Much needed lighting in pool area
4) Better mattress for the pull-out couch/bed

Other than those few suggestions, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ResidenceInnTeam, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you very much for recently staying with us and especially for taking time to complete an online review at Trip Advisor. I noticed we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay and we are working diligently to address your concerns. We appreciate all feedback, as we use this to improve our hotel and future guest experiences. I will address each of these matters listed. Thank you again for bringing these items to our attention.

It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible and I apologize that we fell short of that goal on your visit. Please consider staying with us again. Our staff takes a lot of pride in providing our guests with excellent service and we want to make sure you are able to experience that during your next visit.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

The staff at this inn are very positive and seek to please. The evening desk person was one of the best we have encountered for making us feel welcome and being efficient. The room was very clean but the hair dryer was falling off the wall and there were no tissues. There was a blanket rolled up in a ball in the closet, which left the impression that a guest had put it there without it being cleaned.
Breakfast was better than what you normally see in a buffet and the attendant was most helpful. I may have picked a questionable piece of bacon that was rubbery.
The manager appears to be very interested in making his facility better, so these opportunities for improvement will be taken care of.

Room Tip: As with any hotel avoid rooms near elevators, vending and ice machines
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Martin R
ResidenceInnTeam, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you very much for recently staying with us and especially for taking time to complete a Trip Advisor revew. I noticed we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay in certain areas of our property and I want you to know that we are working diligently to address your concerns. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible and I apologize we fell short of that goal on your visit. Thank you for your kind words about our staff members. I will be sure to share these with my team. Please consider staying with us again. Our staff takes a lot of pride in providing our guests with excellent service and we want to make sure you are able to experience that during your next visit. Thanks again.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

This hotel is not really located by anything for kids but having the pool I thouhght would distract them. This is the only reason why I am giving this hotel 4 and not 5 stars. The ventalation was so bad in that pool area it was literally making my eyes burn and my childrens throats hurt. My daughters were in for 5 minutes and their eyes were completely blood shot. It was to the point of unsafe. As far as the hotel itself the rooms were extremely clean and very spacious for my needs. The price was excellent for what they give. The fact that breakfast was offered was a plus as well.the staff was very friendly and professional. I probably would not stay here again only due to the fact this location was not really for a vacation. I would recommend it highly if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sd102392
ResidenceInnTeam, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you very much for recently staying with us and especially for taking time to complete a Trip Advisor review. I noticed we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay and we are working diligently to address your concerns. I apologize that the condition of the pool made your experience less than desirable. We have recently just added an additional ventilation exhaust fan to make the pool more enjoyable for future guests. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience. I am pleased to hear that the cleanliness of your guest room did meet your expectations. Our housekeepers work very hard to keep our guest rooms clean and an unacceptable guest room is not the standard at our hotel. I will be sure to share these comments with our staff members. Thank you for the feedback. Please feel free to contact me again if you would like to discuss this further. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible and I apologize we fell short of that goal on your visit. Please consider staying with us again. Our staff takes a lot of pride in providing our guests with excellent service and we want to make sure you are able to experience that during your next visit.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We have stayed here many times because we need the suite layout for our family with smal children and we have family nearby so this hotel fits our needs well. However, we have had several bad experiences. On one of our previous stays there were loud drunk people directly below our
Room at the picnic tables outside. We called the desk twice during the middle of the night and the desk person apologized profusely but nothing was done. This past visit however was the worst. We checked in around 8pm after traveling for the past 12 hours with our two children, ages 3 and 6 months. We were told that although we had reserved a pack n play they were out of them. We had nowhere for our 6
Month old to sleep! Then they told us that we should go to target or Walmart and buy one! I did because I had no other option! On top of it, the directions they gave us were wrong so I was lost at 9pm trying to find a store
To purchase something for
My over tired infant to sleep in. Unbelievable. Then on our last day the power went out. No kitchen appliances, lights, elevators, etc.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Gennasm
ResidenceInnTeam, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Gennasm,

I want to take this time to personally thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Mt. Olive. We take great pride in our hotel and the high level of service we strive to give to our guests during their stay with us.

Needless to say, I was appalled to hear that you did not receive our normal high level of service our loyal guests have come to expect from us. I would like to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experiences you encountered during your previous stays.

I’m so sorry you experienced some noise issues during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event. We regret you experienced a noise level that made your stay unpleasant.

My apologies for you not receiving a crib you requested upon arrival. We try very hard to ensure each guest receives all requests and are sorry we were unable to meet your needs. I can assure you this is not the norm at our hotel. I will address the issues you experienced with our staff, as we never wish to provide a guest with any discomfort, especially when providing directions to local establishments.

I also want to apologize for the power outage you experienced while visiting our property. Unfortunately, due to severe weather, the entire area was affect from the storm and lost power, along with our property.

I can further assure you that your choice in choosing our hotel over another one was not an error and I certainly hope that you will allow us another chance to reprieve our mistakes and let us serve you again in the near future and keep you coming back to our hotel. Your business is never taken for granted at our hotel.

Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit to our hotel, so that I can personally ensure your complete satisfaction with our hotel. If you need to speak with me for any reason, please feel free to call me directly at 973-691-1720 ext 4905. We look forward to being of better service to you in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel due to a funeral. The reservationist was very helpful in booking multiple rooms close together on short notice. I compared prices before calling and this hotel was most affordable for our party. We received lower rate than I saw on our credit card site due to AAA. Check in/out was courteous and quick.

The rooms booked were a 1 and 2 bedroom suite. The 2 bedroom had 2 baths. Both rooms had a sleeper sofa and large kitchen/eating area. Very clean, equipped and comfortable.

This is obviously more of a corporate park area, and not necessarily a vacation hotel. I saw the gym and basketball court outside. It is very convenient to Rt. 80 and 46.

The breakfast was more than sufficient for us. Most places do not provide anything so it was greatly appreciated that we did not need to search for a breakfast place.

We would definitely stay again. I am unsure of where the negative reviews came from, certainly not here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
ResidenceInnTeam, Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you very much for recently staying with us and especially for taking time to complete an online review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff takes a lot of pride in providing each guest with excellent service and we are able to use these reviews to praise them and/or to improve for future guest experiences. We all appreciate you choosing to stay with us! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Mount Olive, NJ area. Thanks again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanhope
Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
#1 of 2 in Mount Arlington
Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway

Been to Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center? Share your experiences!