“Very pleased with our experience”
Review of Lilly's Meals - CLOSED

Lilly's Meals
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I live in Lambertville and go to restaurants there often, including Lilly's main restaurant in Lambertville -- on of my top favorite places. I wasn't sure how Lilly's Meals would be based on the mixed reviews I read here, and I didn't tell the 3 other people I dined with about the reviews. We had a wonderful experience -- don't pay attention to the negative reviews! The food and service were excellent. There were many interesting options on the menu, all very reasonable. Portions were generous and had a lot of flavor. At the end of the meal, I asked everyone what they thought and the feedback was unanimous -- wonderful! And it's BYOB, which makes it even more reasonable.

1  Thank tonystorz

Reviewed 1 July 2013

My reviews generally laud restaurants I visit: This review is a warning! Last Saturday evening, with few patrons seen, I ordered the off-the-menu appetizer and entree de jour: After all you can be sure in ordering "the special" that it's freshly cooked with careful preparation! Wrong! In ordering cold gazpacho, I asked if it was spicy. "Not at all" the server assured. Well; it was nothing short of incendiary (from jalapenos perhaps?). Surely Lily's gazpacho recipe is unknown on the Iberian peninsula. Foregoing the gazpacho and risk to the glands of the mouth, I anticipated still a lovely main course of caper-sauced poached trout with seasoned rice and asparagus. But golly gee, the white-colored plate set before me, aesthetically, was the poorest presentation of food I ever saw. A large white slab of trout enveloped the entire plate. Beneath the trout, there peaked out the ends of asparagus stalks, and a congealed mound of white rice. The quickly-cooked trout inside had a suspicious reddish hue, but far worse was the ominous and foul smell. The asparagus were so sinewy as to be uncuttable with a knife, and the only flavor the rice possessed was caper juice exiting the trout. At this point the only option was to ask for my check. The server quickly said there would be no charge: It sounded by her voice I had not been the first to find Lilly's food unacceptable by any standard. I believe my meal ranked as the worst culinary experience of restaurant dining on four continents.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We checked out Lillys in Stockton when it first changed hands from Meils and did not like the menu which was limited and pricey. Since then, the menu has been updated with more selections and better prices so we gave Lilly's a try and found it to be very good and will be going back. The one thing that was out of character was the paint bucket used for a wine bottle cooler. It seemed out of place on the the table and was rusty on the bottom. This might not bother everyone, but to us, paint is associated with work and combined with wine and dinner threw the atmosphere off a bit.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

The old Mieles. Now Called "Lilly's Meals" I guess it's a play on words.
Outdoor dining. BYOB. Good "meal salad"s. Large portions. Take advantage of the wine store across the street.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

This is not the same restaurant. It used to have amazing home cooked feeling breakfasts, but it was replaced by some sort of organic restaurant, blah. We tried out the new place and I may as well have gone out to the nearest field and chewed on some grass. Bring me back my raspberry jam and biscuits!!

2  Thank L W