“Lots of things need fixed here”
Review of Stockton Inn

Stockton Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Stockton Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Stockton
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bridge St
Description: Established in 1710, this is the inn that was immortalized by Richard Rodgers in the song "There's a small hotel with a wishing well" sung in the Broadway play On Your Toes. The inn was first built as a private residence and is believed to have been converted in 1832. Come and explore the over 300 year old Stockton Inn, nestled in the quaint borough of Stockton, New Jersey. Romantic dining is served in the exquisite mural rooms with fireside seating during the colder months. In the warmest months of the year, savor your meal and your surroundings while dining on the patio alongside two waterfalls and beautifully integrated gardens.
Burbank, CA
“Lots of things need fixed here”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This place could be so much better with the attention of management, but that seems to be lacking. I don't know if The Stockton Inn is going through a change of ownership, but things are definately off-kilter. The outside courtyard is nice, but when you get inside, it feels dated and drab. It needs updating badly. Service workers seem bored and scarce. I ordered the pasta dish, and was surprised how bland it was, given how expensive it was.

I see by other reviews that the wedding disaster has affected more than just my family. My niece's wedding reservation was abruptly cancelled. She was given no notice, no phone call, nothing. She only found out about it when she went to their website. Again, I come back to the issue of management. Someone is asleep at the wheel. Too bad, because this actually could be turned into a decent restaurant. It is not at the present. Bottom line: overpriced and rude.

There are lots of other really charming places to eat in Stockton.....choose one of those!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank FundogsBurbank

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
cherry hill
“Don't Bother!!!!!!”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Went there for dinner and it was horrible! I ordered the roast pork and it was so salty that you couldn't eat it. The wait staff were very inattentive and lacked any personality. The were soooo slow. Everyone at the table was so disappointed. There are so many choices in the area that are so much better that I would advise perspective diners to go elsewhere.

Bordentown, New Jersey
“More Than Just a Disappointing Encounter”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My fiance and I signed a contract with the Stockton Inn over 8 months ago. Recently we were notified that they are not "doing" weddings anymore and also that they were not going to honor the signed contracts of the couples' that they have already scheduled in 2014. We've e-mailed the owner and manager twice since our notification asking how they can just decide to "not honor" a contract that they have signed - no response. In fact, it has been over three weeks and we still have not received our $1000.00 deposit that they of course have had for over 8 months now. We can certainly understand them wanting to change their business model, but it is not good business, nor good character, to do so at the expense of many, many couples who already have signed contracts for their weddings. I won't go back nor can I recommend an establishment that treats its customers in such an uncaring and unprofessional manner.

Visited December 2012
Suffield, Connecticut
“There for a wedding”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very charming setting for an outdoor wedding. The food was very good. Vegetarian option was outstanding. Great attention to detail. We didn't stay at the inn, so ignore my marks in the three catagory...

Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“bad service”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Very rude service. I would advise going to a different establishment for a relaxing and stress-free experience. The food was good but until SI trains the staff to be service oriented, I would recommend finding a better dining experience perhaps in New Hope. A short drive and the difference in experiences will be .... priceless. Good luck! From my observation, diners here accepted or expected poor service. Why?

1 Thank maryellen1