“Enjoyed Our Lunch”

Stockton Inn
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Stockton
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bridge St
Description: Established in 1710, this is the inn that was immortalized by Richard Rodgers in the song "There's a small hotel with a wishing well" sung in the Broadway play On Your Toes. The inn was first built as a private residence and is believed to have been converted in 1832. Come and explore the over 300 year old Stockton Inn, nestled in the quaint borough of Stockton, New Jersey. Romantic dining is served in the exquisite mural rooms with fireside seating during the colder months. In the warmest months of the year, savor your meal and your surroundings while dining on the patio alongside two waterfalls and beautifully integrated gardens.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife & I had lunch at the Inn on a Saturday in April 2014. There were tables outside to dine but the weather was uncooperative. So, we dined in the dining room at the rear of the Inn. We both enjoyed a turkey club sandwich. The atmosphere was nice, the service & food were good and the prices were reasonable. We would definitely return.

There are newer reviews for Stockton Inn

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I almost don't want to review this place because it is fast becoming a favorite of ours. From sitting on the porch and watching the bustle of our small town, to a quick lunch at the bar, or Prime Rib night on Thursday in the dining room, The Stockton Inn, is our go-to place for a nice meal close to home. Sometimes the service is slow, but the food is always fine, and the staff friendly.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great lunch menu for inside or outside dining. Menu offers unique items. I selected the
lobster fondue appetizer. An excellent combination of lobster and cheeses served in a bread bowl. Very nice taste. My wife had the pan seared Scottish salmon. Perfectly prepared and presented. Definitely on the list of recommended dining sites.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

walked into this restaurant up to the bar to grab a drink before heading to a different restaurant to grab a drink. the bartender there had the attitude that she had been there a long time and it was annoying because while she boasted what a great bartender she was to the five people at the bar, i stood there for almost ten minutes waiting for a drink, please dont treat me like im annoying you when i come into the bar its quite rude and for the record we ordered two drinks just me and my girlfriend, didnt stay for dinner. We ordered a bay breeze and a margarita. She had the bay breeze it was okay at best and seemed to have water in it. The margarita on the other had was by far the worst margarita i have ever had, i am a bartender and i know what goes in the drink and if i am ever in again ill make sure to tell you the measurements of each thing. it was so bad that i couldnt even finish it.

we also waited several more minutes for the bartender to ring up our drinks which were about 19 dollars for two drinks a tid bit ridiculous for possibly the worst drinks ive ever had. will never ever come back not even if someone else is paying.

3  Thank Kevin R
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My 4 year old, a friend and I were trying to find a place to eat in the area (yes it was Mother's Day we get that) and just couldn't get into New Hope. She remembered hearing about the Stockton Inn. We arrived there around 4:45 and were delighted to see an empty restaurant! The tables outside were emptying and there was even a free one. We went in to inquire about the table outside and were promptly asked if we had a reservation. The answer was no. We were then told that sorry they were booked and could not serve us. Nothing was available all night. We found that odd and there also appeared to be no sincere apology either. We are completely convinced that it was because my minister friend had changed out of her suit from working all morning and was dressed casually. I wasn't but that didn't seem good enough. More intriguing was the fact that I proceeded to use my smartphone for several hours after that and was able to get online reservations for this exact same restaurant numerous times. How intriguing. Needless to say, this restaurant is off our radar and will NOT be recommended by us at all.

2  Thank Anita L