“Thanks for the Memories”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Stockton Inn

Stockton Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Stockton Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Stockton
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Contemporary, American, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bridge St
Description: Established in 1710, this is the inn that was immortalized by Richard Rodgers in the song "There's a small hotel with a wishing well" sung in the Broadway play On Your Toes. The inn was first built as a private residence and is believed to have been converted in 1832. Come and explore the over 300 year old Stockton Inn, nestled in the quaint borough of Stockton, New Jersey. Romantic dining is served in the exquisite mural rooms with fireside seating during the colder months. In the warmest months of the year, savor your meal and your surroundings while dining on the patio alongside two waterfalls and beautifully integrated gardens.
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Thanks for the Memories”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This restaurant has had many owners...each has attempted to maintain the historic nature of the establishment while adding his or her own individual twist. The current owners have made some good changes...and have also eliminated some of the nice items from the past. I enjoyed my meal...I didn't have the experience that others on this site have mentioned. However, my main reason for returning to the restaurant was to rekindle old memories...my first time dining here was in 1963. I no longer live in the Philadelphia area, but I went back to celebrate 50 years. I was happy to see the wall murals, the wishing well, and the terraced patio. I did miss the sticky buns.

• Visited September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lambertville, New Jersey
“back to so-so”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

after having a bad experience with the old owners, we gave the Stockton Inn a second chance a while ago and was impressed with the new owners and menu. Having guests come from out of town, I thought to take them here for lunch...What a mistake.....Service was so so.... guest had spinach salad, which was bland and small....another guest had Caesar salad and requested chicken...they left off the chicken....my wife and myself's meals we just so so....kind of bland and tasteless. So now the Stockton Inn is now on our don't return list....

• Visited July 2014
Huntington, New York
“so-so”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The lunch we had was disappointing. The spinach salad was so small, the server should have told my husband it was an appetizer portion, not a main. The rest of the food was average, nothing special.

Visited July 2014
Flemington
“Ruined evening”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Went with my wife for a relaxing Friday evening meal.
Despite explaining very early on that my wife had dietary restrictions/allergies, every course came out with exactly what we didn't ask for, and when mentioned, nothing was done to correct it, not even much in the way of an apology.
Following that wasn't allowed to finish my beer in peace, ( even brought the wrong beer!) as apparently another party wanted the table next to us and because they had brought a couple of extra people- they also decided we should give up our table as well.(despite being about 50% full at the time)
After giving up paying the bill and leaving we were followed out to the car and told to come back inside as they had given us the wrong bill.... Very awkward, uncomfortable and ruined the evening.
Won't be heading back here anytime soon

3 Thank SWal66
“Great atmosphere and we'll put together dishes”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I was on vacation at the woolverton inn and came here to eat one night with my girlfriend. It was a very busy Monday an it seemed like a work party was goin on by the back bar outside. The scenery is beautiful and the waiting stuff were always very accommodating to our needs. We had a lobster cheese fondue cheese bread bowl that was insanely good. We had the appetizer outside and decided to go inside with all the bugs out on this summer night. Inside we had a bit of a show with some guy complaining about he service re his work party in the back and cursing in front of children. The manager managed the situation incredibly well and even spoke to us after a situation with having to switch one of our meals which ended up working out with a fish of pork tenderloins and lobster mash potatoes that were to die for. We even given a dessert on the house for our anniversary. We will def be back whenever we are in the area.

• Visited July 2014