“our private jersey beach, a balance of street parking, clean sand, steps to the ocean, a”
Review of Seven Mile Beach

Seven Mile Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Avalon and Stone Harbor are the two towns on this barrier island.
Reviewed 12 July 2013

A day trippers beach paradise: simple and clean beach access, good space or areas on the beach (with no shoe horn required)

2  Thank J S

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Great waves, wonderful white sand, plenty of room to spread your chairs, blankies and umbrellas out, and have a great day!

3  Thank 120Inge120
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I have been to this shore every year since I was 2 years old. Whenever I think of family, friendships, ice cream, going crabbing, drinking too much salt water, grabbing fudge, being in a perfect town that is close to a clean beach, I think of Stone Harbor.

Must stop shops are of course Calypso, People People, Makin Waves, Bread and Cheeseboard. You also have to go mini golfing at all mini golf courses in town, then stop by Springer's afterwards for their famous ice cream.

However my favorite is stopping by Smugler's Cove, getting some bunker, drinking a cold beer and setting out my crab traps.

i love you Stone Harbor and I cannot wait to bring my children here.

2  Thank Catherine M
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I love coming to this beach. It's much better than the beach in wildwood as there isn't that long walk to get to the water. There are more families that go to Stone Harbor beaches and they're so much cleaner. There is always beach patrol too. It's very close to restaurants if you want to stop for lunch.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I have been going to Stone Harbor/Avalon for 46 years, and I am 46 years old. To me it is the most wonderful place on earth. I get emotional about it every time I think about it, including right now. Every time I come over the 96th street bridge, a sense of calm and contentment comes over my whole body. I don't get to go nearly as much as I did in my youth, but it doesn't matter. Two days in Stone Harbor are more restful and restorative to me as a month anywhere else would be.

I hadn't had the opportunity to spend a whole week there for over 20 years when my wife surprised me for my birthday with a week at a duplex behind the Lark Motel for my birthday in mid-September, which she learned had become available on Facebook. The duplex was owned by The Lark itself- and I need to take a second to tell you about that. The Lark is owned and staffed by some of the most wonderful people you will ever meet (Thanks Denise!). They made us feel completely at home and the duplex was wonderful. We have already put down our deposit for next year and look forward to making it annual tradition.

BTW- Stone Harbor is best after Labor Day. The days are still beautiful, most of the shops and restaurants are still open, and it is so quiet and lovely. Plus, they have lots of little festivals and events to keep people coming so the weekends are great.

I would live there if I could afford to have anything close to home I have now. That is probably the only downside of Seven-Mile Beach, the Real Estate is preposterously high. I am going down for a few days in November while my wife goes to the Bahamas with her friends.

And she's jealous of me. :-)

3  Thank Floppedthenuts_AA