Dunes Motel
The Beachcomber Resort(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$118
Orbitz.com
ICONA Avalon(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$187
Hyland Motor Inn(Cape May Court House)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$71
Priceline
Lark Motel(Stone Harbor)
Colonial Lodge(Stone Harbor)
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Stone Harbor Inn(Stone Harbor)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsdouble queen roomsmall closetseawardshoremotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I've been going to Stone Harbor for 30+ years and been a patron of of this hotel. I scheduled a 5 day stay at the Dunes 2 months prior. Had an emergency medical procedure that arose and needed to cancel (seriously, I had a doctor provide a written letter and also offered to document it by showing the hotel my insurers explanation of benefits as proof) . They advised me to write a letter. I clearly and professionally documented the reasons in writing. When I followed up they offered me NO options... not even a credit which is all I was looking for! I wasn't even looking for money back, just the opportunity to use it at another time. During the scheduled time of my stay, I called to see if they had any availability and they had NO VACANCY, so they basically sold my reservation and kept my money!! Double dipping in my opinion!

Very disappointing experience. Please be aware of the cancellation policy at the Dunes!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank 1antera
bridgej1, Manager at Dunes Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2011

We are sorry that you were disappointed with your experience with our customer service at the Dunes Motel. We did receive a letter requesting a credit for your deposit, however we did not receive any documentation of your medical emergency. Furthermore, a check back in our reservation database did show vacancies for the dates that you were scheduled to check-in.

If the motel received your notification prior to the 20-day cancellation period or if the room was re-rented for the dates of your reservation, we would have gladly refunded your deposit. We are not in the practice of keeping our customers' money if they cancel. We have an 85% return rate of reservation deposits due to cancellations. We are a small family run establishment and recognize that customer satisfaction is neccessary when running a successful business therefore we pride ourselves on the high quality of service we provide to all of our customers.

Reviewed 3 August 2011

High quality motel. We stayed one night at the dunes motel. without question or hesitation they gave us the key and let us check out the room before booking. When we walked into the room it was clean, with a full size fridge/freezer, microwave, stove, and plates/pots pans etc.
The beds were comfortable, and we got good sleep. The balcony gives you a nice overlook of the town area, it is right near the beach and the town-all in short walking distance, yet peaceful and private. If you decide to stay for a couple nights at the beach for a decent price, I highly rec. this motel. Very convenient.
They can only park one car per room, but there is free parking on some areas of the streets. The towels are small/thin-but for what you are paying and getting, that doesn't matter. I rec. to bring your own towels and toiletries for this reason.
*checking out was a breeze. it literally took 10 seconds!
*staff very polite and to the point. they let you have your privacy and enjoy your stay, but are there when you need them.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank danielrm5210
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We come to Stone Harbor for a few days when we can't get away for a real beach vacation. I'm not a fan of the pricing model of these motels...it's annoying...and expensive...but as far as motels go, they don't get much better.

The room was very clean, beds were big and fairly comfy, but the bathroom is tiny and the towels are pretty small and thin. The microwave and minifridge are helpful, as is the counter. The coffee pot is a joke however.

You really can't beat the location. They share an office with the Seaward, I'm not sure why they can't share the pool too??

2  Thank Mrizzybell
Reviewed 20 June 2010

My husband and I have stayed numerous times at this small motel. It is updated, It is a small room with a kitchenette area, good beds, very clean(thankyou to the cleaning staff) and close to walking to town and the a nice sun balcony to relax on and watch the world go by. These are the positives. The negative is there are surcharges sometimes added in at certain times as quoted by the manager. They are not based on anything in particular. This information is not in their brochures so they can charge the 20-30 more whenever they want to. Why quote rates in a brochure? And if a surcharge could be added why not state that? Many motels charge extra for weekends but let the people know! We probably will not go back because of the answer we got regarding the inflated amount over the quoted rate that we paid 2 times so far this year. Unfortunately we have just discovered the discrepancy. It is a personal decision whether you want to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shell025
Reviewed 10 March 2008

It was a fun and surprising trip. We had such a great time.Along with the friendly staff. The young lady the had cleaned our room was very kind and always kept the room clean.Whenever we needed towels the nice people at the front desk. they are very welcoming. Also the main street is only two short blocks where there are many little stores. We had a good time and we hope you have as good as time as we did.

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)