The Stone Harbor Inn
Lark Motel(Stone Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$133
The Beachcomber Resort(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$118
Orbitz.com
ICONA Avalon(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$187
Hyland Motor Inn(Cape May Court House)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$71
Colonial Lodge(Stone Harbor)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspark your carthe location is perfectmotelbalconysummer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed here 30 years ago and rooms are the same today as back then. Needs a major update! Positive,is it is close to beach an town. Negative,room smells musty an black mold on pictures in room. We went a purchased lysol spray but that did not help. Next time we will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My two daughters and I planned a last minute "girls trip" to the shore this past weekend. We had a very hard time finding a place to stay. I came across the Harbor Inn, and while I had never heard of it decided to give them a call. They were able to accomodate us for the one night we needed. I have to say, we weren't sure what to expect, but we were pleasantly surprised. The guys at the front desk were friendly, the place was very clean. A little on the outdated side though. The location was great and they had a working (free)ice machine and an enclosed outdoor shower(it's the little things sometimes :) ). This was great after we checked out, the guy at the front office told us we were welcome to use it after we got back from the beach that afternoon. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: we had the double bed efficiency, the full size fridge was great to have!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We were supposed to have a rental for the week 08/25-09/01/12, but that fell through, so I found a 2 bedroom efficiency here at the Harbor Inn starting on the 26th. We have stayed numerous places in Stone Harbor and Avalon, but never at the Harbor Inn, and will not stay again. This place is WAY outdated. The cleaning staff spent more time taking breaks to smoke and read books than doing their job. I had to clean out the drawers when we arrived and there was tape on top of the dressers. The tv is ancient and very hard to watch. The ceiling fan in the one bedroom made crazy noises. Then to finish off our stay we went for dinner and found that someone had scratched the drivers side door on our vehicle. It isn't something that can be buffed out either, and they know they did it. Didn't even make it the complete week and were checked out and heading home on Wednesday. Only thing good I can say is they refunded us for the last 3 nights we were to be there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rhonda S
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Modest place to stay. Front desk friendly enough. Take note the rooms might be smoke-free but there are tables with ashtrays outside every room. Sad when I had to explain to my 7 year old what an ashtray was. Didn't appreciate the entire housekeeping crew smoking outside our room (102) every morning. Shows poor taste, not too mention a health & safety hazard. Might I'd advise renovating a but, for $175 a night I shouldn't have to re-heat my coffee in a microwave time stamped for July of 1995 or deal with peeling wall paper repaired with scotch tape-really?!

Room Tip: Do not take Room #102-housekeeping smokes near it every morning; noisy ice machine outside and the plumbing for the rear shower is in your bathroom window-no privacy & rattling old plumbing all hous of the day.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I booked my family into the Harbor Inn for two nights in Stone Harbor and it's probably on par with any of the other small hotels in the area. It's close to shopping and fairly close to the beach, so that's two big positives. The rooms are clean but small and very basic - old fixtures, old furnishings, old TV... The staff was friendly and helpful. They set you up with beach tags (deposit required) and umbrella/chairs (for a fee). The front desk and cleaning staff were both top-notch. We were a tight fit with two adults and two children in a two twin bed room, but on top of that they charged me an extra $20 a night "extra person fee". So my advice is to find out beforehand how many people are allowed in your type of room and just tell them that's how many you have. Prices were fair, I guess. You're paying more for the location than anything else. Also there's no pool. I wouldn't have a problem recommending someone stay here, but keep in mind it's a basic motel so don't expect a beachfront resort.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family