“Best dinner since our Wedding...31 years ago!”
Review of Sax

Sax
Reserve with OpenTable
Sax is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 58 Restaurants in Stone Harbor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Every day dining with a relaxed, coastal vibe SAX offers a delectable every day dining experience with eclectic fireside menus for breakfast, dinner and drinks. Designed with comfort and relaxation in mind, SAX menus are perfect for any meal or gathering. This coastal experience paired with a warm and welcoming atmosphere, offers a feeling of home for casual, family-friendly dining throughout the year. With extensive appetizer selections including buffalo shrimp, fondue, fried calamari, steamed mussels and truffle mac 'n' cheese in addition to homemade flat-breads and SAX's signature cornbread, a classic comfort food, guests can indulge in a variety of starters or pair them with a favorite entree and dessert. Based on demand, SAX also features local favorites such as tomato soup with grilled cheese wedges, pan-seared branzino, seafood cioppino, short rib burger and the ever so popular Asian chicken salad. Designed to offer a large variety of easy and approachable dinner selections, the SAX menu welcomes guests for any style of dining, any time of the year.
Swainton, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dinner since our Wedding...31 years ago!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had visited the Sax Restaurant on June 4th for our 31st Wedding Anniversary and had an absolutely wonderful, relaxing and delicous dinner/evening. Our crab/avacado appetizer was so beautifully presented it looked too good to eat and it was delicous. I had the pork chop which was cooked to perfection and my wife had the Filet Mignon which was delicous and tender. We had cocktails before but the evening was topped off with their special Thyme Martinis on the Bay and a beautiful sunset to end a perfect evening! We will be back again...save us a seat ! The staff was courteous and was well versed with the wine list and the bartender was a perfect Mixologist! The valet service was punctual and polite. A truely memorable evening...

• Visited June 2014

new jersey
“nice atmosphere if no event at hotel”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

this restaurant has a nice atmosphere and quality food selections. the only drawback is it is noisy if there is an event going on in the room adjacent to the restaurant.

Visited May 2014
Harrison, NY
“Experience the SAX!!!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Growing up,my family had a house in Avalon so I got to know and love the area. My mother is now living at the Emeritus Assisted Living in Cape May Court House so I drove 3 hours from New York. I wanted some place really nice to take her for dinner that would also be a treat for me. To make sure that it was appropriate for an elderly (disabled) person, I checked out the restaurant earlier in the day. They have valet parking for $7 (which is really great) and then went to the hotel around 1:30 looking to make a reservation. Courtney at the front desk was very sweet and did her best to make a reservation but was not able to. I then tried calling around 4:50 to make a reservation but it went into an answering service. The good news is that I took my chance and went to SAX at 5:00. And.....was not disappointed! After explaining my situation, we were able to get a table for two. They had a wedding going on that day so I am sure that they were focused on that special occasion. The atmosphere and decor of the SAX was really nice, and the food was excellent. The meals were presented beautifully and served with pleasure. I believe that the price of this dinner was well worth it! The staff could not be nicer and our waitress, Loretta (Lori), was extremely patient and helpful with the menu. She was very creative in combining appetizers and sides to make the perfect meal for my mother. Everything that she recommended was a "home run"! This would be a wonderful couples hotel since the location is right in the heart of Stone Harbor. Yes, I would return to the Reeds but next time, it will be with my husband and not my mother! But, we did have a really nice dinner and made some wonderful memories. Thanks to everyone and the manager at the "SAX at the Reeds"! I most definitely will return!

• Visited May 2014
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
“The Best SAX”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The restaurant was cozy and elegant! The food and the presentation of it was outstanding! I loved the Scallops.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank CherSpaulding1
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Super Food”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We liked everything and disliked nothing. Great food, great food service and great wait staff. Try the steak and make sure you have a dessert.

Visited April 2014