“GREAT ICE CREAM EXPERIENCE”

Springer's Homemade Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Stone Harbor
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Stone Harbor, New Jersey
“GREAT ICE CREAM EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Very fun, long lines but with it. We have been going here for 7 years now and enjoy every time.This is one of the highlights of our trip to Stone Harbor.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Bill M

Bridgeton NJ
“Brave the lines for really good ice cream”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Don't be put off by the lines on a hot summer night. They move fast and lead you to fresh ice cream in a large variety of favors. I like the chocolate marshmallow with real marshmallows. Yummy!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Carol327
Stone Harbor, New Jersey
“Best ice cream ever!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I absolutely love Springer's for the ice cream and the experience. You always meet interesting people in line. The line moves pretty fast and the employees are well trained and polite. It is rather expensive. Even my NY City friends are surprised by the cost.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SunMartini
Chicago, IL
“A Stone Harbor Tradition”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have been going to Springers for 44 years and every year it is delicious. The lines are always long but move quickly and the flavors stay the same with a few new ones. Springer Chip and Mint Chip are my favorites but Rum Raisin, Pistachio, the Blue One and others are other family members go to flavors. It's definitely worth the wait in line.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank jacmonster
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I hate to diss Springers”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I've been looking forward to ice cream from springers for as long as I can remember. It's expensive but handmade yummy stuff in all kinds of flavors. Plus it is a long held tradition in Stone Harbor to wait in Springers line.
But lately I have been disappointed. My biggest complaint, how soft and warm it can be. I have to eat it so quickly before it turns to soup. Not sure they are using real chocolate chips in the chip ice cream. This visit was very late in the year and the selection of flavors was limited. I have no problem with this, But now that it is October I would expect the ice cream to be hard!

Visited October 2013