“A classic stop on your way to the shore.”
Review of Pat's Lunch - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pat's Lunch
“A classic stop on your way to the shore.”
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

While other reviewers complain about price or lids, I read them with a grin. In business, there are some people you just can't please. Pat knows that, too.

I grin because I can picture the inside of Pat's Lunch, I can visualize Pat hard at work behind the counter, telling stories and having me try the soup and I know that there is no other place like it. The food is good, not knock your socks off amazing, but it is always consistently good. Burgers, soup or lobster rolls; Pat knows what works and doesn't deviate from his successful recepie.

If you are lucky enough to spend an hour with Pat and listen to him speak about his life, you will leave with a much better appreciation of your own life. Pat's Lunch is a real gem for those that 'get it' and for those that don't, keep worrying about your lids..z

2 Thank Mike_J1981

Havertown, Pennsylvania, United States
“OVERPRICED FIASCO!”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I had 2 lobster rolls, that were adequate at best, thinking they would be no more than $8 a piece. They were an outrageous price of $18 each. I also ordered a quart of she-crab soup "to go". The lid was not correctly placed on the container. By the time I got home, the soup was all over the floor of my car. What was left of the soup was also adequate in taste & outrageous in price.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank nancytud
Monroe, Maine
“Goin' fishing? Stop here first!”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

This is the place to go to get your italian hoagies for a fishing trip. For some reason, although there are better hoagies around, Pat's always tastes the best on the boat, or just sitting on the dock with your line in the water. And also for a day on the beach, he'll chop 'em up in quarters or whatever you want. Don't know why they taste so wonderful, could be the salt air...call ahead or the day before and he will have them ready for you even in very early AM, or pick them up the day before and let them marinate. YUMMMM. God bless Pat, he is a real gem of a man, truly loves what he does and equally loves his patrons. This is not a gourmet place, just good, consistent, down-to-earth food. And by the way, his lobster roll price is by no means expensive. Even here in Maine, with the boats coming in a block away, the lobster roll sandwiches easily top $17.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank hopeful04951
Vernon NJ
“Highly over rated.”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I'm sorry the lobster roll sandwich was okay for $17. You can get a great meal in a much better atmosphere at the Lobster House and the prices for take out outdoor dining are reasonable. I did not however price the lobster there. Restaurant inside also did have some sort of unappealing odor.
Soup was ok- shrimp soup had absolutely no taste and lobster soup was not anything special.
Sorry, Pat.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank kirkieblue
Mechanicsburg, PA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Seafood Soups You're Likely to Have”
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Hubby and I stopped by Pat's for the first time this year, although we vacation in Stone Harbor every year. I am now kicking myself for not going there sooner. The She-Crab Soup was so incredibly delicious, it has spoiled crab soup for us everywhere else. The Shrimp Saute was also unreal, although we did feel that it paled in comparison to the She-Crab. The lobster rolls were the best we've had outside of Maine. We cannot recommend Pat's highly enough. Amazing food and decent prices for a shore town, especially Stone Harbor.

• Visited July 2011