“Business Lunch Perfect”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2014

And, they even have a full bar because, well, some people still actually have liquid business lunches. Alas, I digress. Great little place to eat, with more than a touch of 70's decor. It's somewhat dated on the inside, but the service is still great, the portions are wonderfully prepared (lunch, specifically), and the meals have character each their own. Definitely a top spot if you are in Summit, NJ for lunch on a weekday. I can't speak for dinner, but it did appear as though they have no problem putting rumps in seats on any given Friday or Saturday. I had the salmon burger whilst I was there with colleagues. It was tasty. Brioche bun and all. However, the hands-down special of the day was they ahi tuna insalate, which was absolutely a huge hit for the other three people I was with.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

decent food-something for everyone-good value for the food-generous portions-great service-very casual

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Marco Polo is our favorite place for many reasons, they treat you great and if they can make you what you want they do. Vinnie and Isabella the bartenders (we like to eat at the bar) are with out a doubt the best bartenders I've ever experienced. When we are ready to eat they will take your order the way you want it. Everyone at Marco polo from the owner to the wait staff are friendly and very eager to please. I try other places because my mother-in-law doesn't like to sit at the bar and I haven't found a place that I would give a 10 like this place. It's the little things like them holding the glass up in the air and making sure it's perfect to making sure you have a napkin under your drink. I am very, very hard to please having owned my own Italian restaurant. Oh, by the way I don't even drink, but they make sure my water glass is full. If yoy want pizza, fine food, great desserts, or happy hour they have it. If you haven't tried it do yourself a favor.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Marco Polo has been around forever and it shows, but the ambiance is homey and comfortable. The bar area is decent and the drinks are good but the food could use some "umph" and variety. It is very much a "local" watering hole but you can find some decent and traditional food there.

Would not hesitate to dine there but keeping in mind that it's not upscale kind of place but has some good basic dishes that do please

Reviewed 18 August 2013

when i lived in the area back in the 70s, we used to go here for dinner and pizza. now some 40 years area, back in town visiting relatives, i decided to go in for simple dinner - beer pizza at the bar. the place has expanded, portions big. whilst the Margarita pizza was so-so (not enough basil, crust ends slightly under cooked), the atmosphere was fun - pizza watching NFL and MLB on the tv. i would like to try their pasta dishes.