“Unexpected”

The HAT Tavern
Ranked #6 of 70 Restaurants in Summit
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The menu includes a “La Frieda” blend specialty burger which is a naturally raised and hormone free graded USDA Choice Prime beef. We have a large selection of tapas appetizers, salads and “Jersey Fresh” locally grown foods including our homemade ketchup which is made from Jersey Fresh tomatoes and is a favorite to our locals. The drink selection is extensive with 20 craft beers on tap from all over the country, great wines by the glass and only fresh ingredients for all cocktails. For the young at heart, we have milkshakes, Boylan’s soda floats and Jersey shore fries. A fantastic Sunday Brunch is served from 11:30 am every Sunday. Available for private and semi-private parties.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My son recommended that we try this restaurant in the Summit Grand Hotel for dinner. The minute I heard that he wanted to go to a hotel for dinner in anything that related to the word "Grand", I got nervous. After all I would be picking up the check for all 6 of us.

Well I certainly got a surprise. We got there very early....probably around 4:30 and they were open for business. We were the only people in there, but that didn't seem to concern the waiter and we were just fine with eating that early.

The food was delicious. I had the buffalo wings, son and kids had hamburgers and and wife and daughter-in-law had the ribs. Everything was delicious and one could not beat the price. It was almost embarrassing how little the cost was compared to the quality and portions of their food. What a great find for mind, heart and wallet. Oh...they have a great selection of beers and wines.

Mark G, Owner at The HAT Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Well that's quite the compliment! Thanks so much for leaving us such a great review. I'll be sure to pass your kind words along to the kitchen -- I know they'll appreciate it. Hope to see you and your family in again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I brought a large group in and we had a blast. Robert Maldonado and the entire staff took great care of us, giving us a nice area with plenty of room. The food was great and we will definitely be back! :)

Mark G, Owner at The HAT Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thanks for the good word, Shannon! I'd be happy to give Robert and the rest of the team a shout out for a job well done. Can't wait to see you in again.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I had dinner here, recently....on a Saturday night. The restaurant was crowded with middle aged singles and Summit area families coming from sport events. The noise was unbelievable...could barely talk to my guest. The service was good, despite a lack of waiters/waitresses. The orders were mixed up...but no big deal. The bartender did not know how to make a cosmopolitan....which is strange in this day and age. He did not put any cranberry juice in it....funny. The burgers are terrific....the fries not so terrific. There are not too many places to eat in this area that are decent....just expensive pretentious places that serve mediocre food or a diner here or there. I would go back again....maybe not on a Friday or Saturday night. I would recommend management to train their bartenders a bit better!

Mark G, Owner at The HAT Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

I appreciate you reaching out and giving us some very helpful feedback! We certainly want our bartenders to be able to whip up a classic like a cosmopolitan -- I apologize for this. I'd be happy to have a chat with them about this moving forward. I hope we can get another chance to show you what we're all about. I know we can knock it out of the park next time around.

Cheers!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

The bartenders at the HAT are awesome and very knowledgeable. Order the scallop sliders......they are incredible.

1  Thank sras916
Mark G, Owner at The HAT Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thanks for the short and sweet review! You're right on point about those sliders — one of my personal favorites. Hope to see you in for an order soon.

Best,

Reviewed 15 January 2014

amazing burgers and tapas! great menu and a variety of foods and drinks for all tastes were available. the staff was also excellent!

Mark G, Owner at The HAT Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Happy to hear it! Can't wait to have you back in for more.

Lisa K.

Been to The HAT Tavern? Share your experiences!