“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Summit
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at the Grand Summit in early November for a period of 10 days and had a wonderful time. If one is looking for a mega-resort, with all the "bells and whistles", this is not the place. However, if one is looking for a staff that is determined to make each guest feel welcome, then this is THE PLACE. Every employee that we encountered was incredible, and if we requested something, it was attended to immediately. We were so impressed with the staff in the restaurant each morning who greeted us not only by name, but also attended to our grand-daughter and made sure that she had what she wanted. How excellent! And, each morning, there was quite an assortment of food for one to start the day with.
While our room was small, it was comfortable and cleaned very well each day. Bottles of water were distributed midday, everyday.
The hot water and coffee, available in the lobby each day was certainly a bonus. But, I think that one of the nicest touches was the tray of spice cookies and the warm chestnuts that were in the lobby near the roaring fire late in the afternoon.
We also attended a wedding at the Grand Summit during our stay. The food was delicious, the service excellent, the atmosphere superb.
The Grand Summit is unique in the sense that they truly appreciate their guests and do practice the idea of providing good service. Yes, it is old and in need of attention. But, as they say, "Don't judge a book by its cover." It is warm, inviting, and provides an air of concern for the guests that is lacking in so many other venues.

Room Tip: Third or fourth floor, not on the side overlooking the restaurant (Too noisy on the weekends).
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael46855, Manager at Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Dorothy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such a wonderful review of your stay with us.

We are very excited to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay and the many members of our staff who served you during your visit.

We look forward to the opportunity to host you and members of your family and friends again in the near future.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I just returned from a one night stay in the Grand Summit Hotel. If you're looking for the usual Hilton type hotel this hotel may not be for you. The Grand Summit is about beautiful old world charm. I don't mean shabby! The lobby looks like a library of a stunning estate. The rooms have the same feeling but with luxurious linens and a flat screen TV.
While I was at the hotel we had about 3 inches of snow. After I checked out I realized that I didn't have a snow brush to clean off my car. I went to the front desk and asked if they had one. They made a call and the asst mgr, Mike, showed up with a brush and followed me out to my car. He actually cleaned off my entire car. Really??? . Now if we could only find more Mike's in restaurants, hotels and retail stores- life would be just alittle easier!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Ellen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide me with a review of your recent stay with us. It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and helping you get your car ready for departure. I was most excited when you told me how much you enjoyed our hotel in comparison to another property you had recently stayed at in Manhattan.

We work very hard to provide the kind of experience you describe and when it is recognized it means a lot to us.

We very much hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I had my wedding here in October and Theresa and the staff did a fantastic job! From the planning, to menu to price...all of our guests had a fantastic time and said it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. People rave about the lush cocktail hour and the venetian dessert table! My wife and I were happy that they work with a local backer, Bovella's Pastry Shoppe in Westfield.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael46855, Manager at Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Drew,

Thank you so much for allowing us to host one of the most important days of your life. We take the planning and coordinating of an event like a wedding very seriously, and when the results of our efforts are so greatly appreciated, it means a lot to us.

It was a absolute pleasure hosting your family and friends, and wish you all of the best as you begin your life together.

We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Grand entrance into comfortable lobby with large fire place. Rooms on top floors are better than ground floor, but looks like rennovation is in progress. Bar and restaurant is very good and the staff is very friendly. The fitness room is a bit small, but functional.

I was a bit dissapointed in the substandard tioletries that did not match the beauty of the hotel. The shampoo was like water and the lotion was so oily that I had to wash my hands afterwards. Another collegue also commented on how the conditioner did not even work. A friendly suggestion would be to try a New made in America brand from William Roam that I came across in my travels.

Overall, when in Summit NJ this hotel is one I would revisit

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the main floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear John G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a wonderful review of your stay with us. We work very hard to provide the type of experience you describe in your review, and it means a lot to us when our customers recognize our efforts.

In reference to our toiletries product, we just recently switched over and the new product has been well received. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the product and will retain your comments as we go through the process of considering alternatives in the future.

Thank you very much for your business and we look forward to hosting you again when your travels take you to our area.

Lexington, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Many items overpriced in the hotel. The web site currently displayed cannot be used for up to date info; it is out of date. In room coffee maker broken, asked for replacement, never happened during two day stay. Shuttle service from EWR reasonable and reliable. Opt for a chain hotel nearby next time.

Room Tip: Currently no good tip is possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Kwaichang,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your recent stay with us. We were very disappointed to hear of some of the negative impressions you had during your stay. We work very hard to provide a comfortable experience for all of our guests, and we are sorry to hear we failed to do that.

I welcome the chance to speak with you personally, and would love the chance to host you again in a room that will provide you with the type of experience we would like you to have and our customers have come to expect. We would very much like the chance to make you a frequent guest of our hotel, and will work diligently to win your business.

I look forward to hearing from you if you would like to take me up on our offer.

Bellmore, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this beautiful hotel for a wedding. It was fantastic! The staff was very helpful and friendly, the room was immaculate and the food was unbelievable! The lobby was charming as we sat by the fireplace and enjoyed complimentary Starbucks coffee. We would return in a heart beat!

Dear Ann,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us. We work very hard to provide exactly the type of experience you describe, and when it is recognized by our guests it means a lot to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels take you to our area again. We appreciate your business.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife and I can't heap enough praise on your staff and accommodations. Last Sunday, our son was married at your property, and every detail of the wedding, from rehearsal dinner to wedding dessert was perfection. The food was delicious, the service exemplary, and the gracious treatment of us and our 100 guests exceeded our expectations.
Many thanks to a wonderful staff for helping to make this special occasion truly memorable.

Room Tip: 4th floor is less noisy.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael46855, Manager at Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Martin,

Thank you so very much for the opportunity to host your son's wedding. It means a lot to us when someone selects us to host the most important day in their children's life, and for that we are very appreciative.

I cannot tell you how much it meant to me when you detailed what a fine job my staff did to make the day so special for you, your family, and friends.

We look forward to the chance to host you again when your travels take you back to New Jersey to visit with family and friends.

All the best to you and your family.

Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summit
Hilton Short Hills
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston
BEST WESTERN Westfield Inn

Been to Grand Summit Hotel? Share your experiences!