“Comfortable stay in Summit, NJ”
Review of Grand Summit Hotel

Grand Summit Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Summit
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Overall, nice hotel. Staff is very helpful. Damien and Koen were extremely helpful at the front desk; they helped me find a room that fit my preferences and help me schedule a shuttle pick-up from the airport. The breakfast that is included for hotel guests is very good as well, I look forward to coming back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Michael46855, Manager at Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such a great review of your stay with us. We work very hard to provide a comfortable experience for all of our guests, and when it is recognized it means a lot to us.

I also want to thank you for recognizing Koen and Damien who have been excellent additions to our team.

We look forward to hosting you again when your travels take you back to the Summit area.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have stayed at the Grand Summit hotel in several occasions and all I have to say about them is that it is a great place to be. A place that one can call "Home Away from Home". The staff is super nice and professional. We visited the restaurant and the staff there made us feel at home and took good care of me, my son and my daughter. It was a great experience.

Frantz Anacius

Room Tip: Corner suites are best!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Franacius,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with such a great review of your stay with us. We work extremely hard to provide a home for all of our guests, and to hear it described that way meant a lot to us.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel when your travel takes you back to the Summit area.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We spent New Years Eve at the Grand Summit Hotel, as we have been for the past 8 years. Our group consists of 4 couples. We had a great time at the Hat Tavern. Dinner and drinks were perfect and the entertainment superb. After the ball came down at midnight we retired to our beautiful rooms. In the morning we all enjoyed an excellent complimentary breakfast. I would highly recommend the Grand Summit Hotel to anyone looking for a great time, great service and a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear David,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such a great review of your stay and time with us. We work very hard to provide the kind of experience you described here, and we were very pleased to learn that you had a great time at our New Year's Eve celebration.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travel takes you to our area again.

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Was there for New Year's Eve and stayed in Hotel. Once we pulled up no valet parking and no bell boy in sight. The lobby was dated and carpet filthy the Elevators also dirty. This can be a grand hotel but thru need to clean it up. The rooms were ok but very cold you Gould feel the wind coming from window. The chairs were stained and the bed spread also dirty. Called front desk they moved us. The Tavern they have also gloomy and dirty floors. Not for me anymore.

Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Joe V
Michael46855, Manager at Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Joe,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with a review of your recent stay with us. We were very disappointed to hear of your experience at our property.

While the lobby is historic, it is often one of the most celebrated parts of the property that is highly regarded by our guests. The carpet in the lobby was recently replaced, so I am disappointed to hear that you found it to be unsatisfactory.

We offer rooms that are completely renovated in addition to our more classic rooms, so I was pleased to hear that we were able to move your room when you found the first one to be below your expectations. While the age of the building does make it more drafty than a newer building, most of our heating units are new so I was disappointed to hear of your room being cold.

We welcome the chance to host you again and to the opportunity to demonstrate the comfort and service our customers have come to love and expect.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Grand Summit Hotel is situated in the heart of the beautiful Summit, NJ. It is definitely a sophisticated hotel that has all the needs for families, friends or couples. It is old world charm meets modern accommodations. The rooms are quaint and comfortable. The rooms were big enough for our family of four and updated with Bose stereos and TV. The staff was the best part of the hotel from the time you check in to the time you check out the staff is always friendly and willing to meet your needs. The complimentary breakfast is awesome. It is a fresh and wonderful assortment of hot and cold selections. The well decorated lobby has a heartwarming fireplace by which to enjoy a free cup of Starbucks.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear George,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such a wonderful review of your stay with us. It was an absolute pleasure hosting your family, and we were very excited to hear that you loved the hotel.

We look forward to the chance to host you again when your travel takes you back to New Jersey.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

This review is long overdue - my (now) husband and I only had one place in mind when choosing a wedding venue, the Grand Summit Hotel, and we are thrilled we did. From the very beginning of planning to the day of, Teresa Garcia and the staff were wonderful and made everything so easy. Teresa was so experienced and easygoing, we knew we were in good hands. It was such a stressfree and enjoyable experience!

We held our sunset ceremony in the glass Atrium, moved right across for the cocktail hour in the Crestview room and the reception was in the Grand Ballroom. Having all the festitivies in one place was a HUGE plus and it definitely made everything so much easier for us and our guests.
Our friends and family had a great time, everyone raved about the delicious (and seriously abundant) food and the warm and attentive staff.

When my husband and I finally had a chance to wind down in our suite, we were pleased and surprised to find champagne and strawberries waiting for us! As we re-capped the entire day with our treats, we just thought about how much fun we had, and how we wished we could get married all the time! - this was in no small part due to the efforts of Teresa and the staff at the Grand Summit hotel.

My one teeny nitpicky thing would be the front desk - I had a few complaints from my guests that it was a little frustrating booking the room under our block. From what I understand, this was due to some interns being at the front desk and just learning the ropes. Despite not being knowledgeable, they were still very nice. I'm inclined to say once the staff is trained properly, they will be first rate.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Liv R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such a wonderful review of the wedding you hosted at our property. We consider it the highest honor when we are chosen to host one of the most important days of your life, and to hear that we succeeded in just about every aspect of your event and stay, means a lot to us.

It was an absolute pleasure hosting your family and friends, and we look forward to the chance to welcome you back to the property in the near future.

All the best to you and your family.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Room was run down, wallpaper coming off wall, pillows hard as a rock, room service was asked to only change out towels and they left dirty ones on floor and threw new clean ones onto bed spread. Breakfast juices/milk warm not chilled, had a driver to take us to train but not to pick us up because other driver lost his license. Charges parking of 9.00 per night and overcharges for the quality of the experience. This is a 2 or 3 star hotel with service and affordability that should be a 75.00 per night stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Joel M

Dear Joel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with a review of your recent stay with us. We were disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at the property and will be sure to address the items you brought to our attention.

I spoke with all of the members of my guests service team during your stay, and have been unable to find the member of our team who misinformed you of any issues with our shuttle driver. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you further to better understand what you heard from my staff, as this information is erroneous.

I would also like the opportunity to speak with you further about the other areas where we failed to execute our housekeeping services so that I may further address these items with my team.

Our customers have always found our pricing to be a tremendous value when considering the comfortable room we provide, the complimentary full American breakfast buffet, complimentary WiFi, complimentary passes to the Summit YMCA, complimentary Starbucks Coffee and Tea and Free transportation to the vibrant downtown of Summit. I am disappointed to hear that we failed to demonstrate that value to you.

I thank you again for taking the time to bring these items to my attention, and thank you for your feedback.

Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Summit
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
#2 of 5 in Morristown
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to Grand Summit Hotel? Share your experiences!