“Great time with kids and friends”

Space Farms Zoo & Museum
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Sussex
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We love Space Farms. There are things for everyone - wild animals zoo and farm animals, vintage cars museum, picnic tables, fresh made pizza, beautiful vistas and playgrounds for kids. You can easy spend the whole day there. You will find a lot of needed shade in a summer under old oaks. Not crowded even on weekends - there are space for everyone with a lot of visitors.

1  Thank babochka

Reviewed 26 May 2014

It started as a good family event... The reviews were good, everything should have been nice. The museum was nice, quaint. The zoo... I pity. The animals such as bears, large cats , & primates... were NOT adequately hydrated!!! No source of water, let alone fresh water! The animals that needed the space were not given adequate space. The alligator had a space caged in smaller than my bedroom! It was over all sad . There were primates in the center that my son could reach to hand them food, they were so frustrated (you could see in their eyes & expressions) that they wacked the food from my sons hands (mind u my son is 6-4, 190#) & growled... You could see the frustration in the higher level animals! Bears pacing, looking aimlessly ...
Time for Space (the owners last name) Zoo to throw the towel in ! But first give the animals some water!!!

13  Thank elliveryas
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is one of the best places I've been with my son. Not only do you get to see the great zoo with a wide variety of amazing well kept animals but the museum is awesome. My son loved both and so did I. The staff was very nice and knew a lot about the animals. Both the zoo and museum was very neatly kept. All the animals were well nourished and seemed very happy. Don't listen to all the people saying that this is a horrible place, this place is a wonderful family owned establishment and I will be going back with my family for years to come.

4  Thank BoatBottoms
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My husband and I stopped here on a whim during a scenic drive. We paid our admission, got our map and proceeded to make our way through the zoo. By reading the signs by the enclosures/cages we learned many things about the animals which we didn't know. We had a delicious lunch in their restaurant. Had we planned our visit, we probably would have packed a picnic lunch and eaten it at one of the several tables set up for just that purpose. We were lucky enough to see the "Zoo Mama" Lori Space Day feed a tiger cub. We then spent a few hours admiring the collections of items housed in the many buildings on the property. We found this attraction to be very enjoyable and informative and can't wait for our next visit when we can see what we missed due to time constraints.

3  Thank craftlady1
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is a great little zoo that is just packed with little surprises. We live nearby so I bring my daughter here about a dozen times a year. It has a wonderful collection of antiques in addition to the animals. There are buildings with firearms, cars, carriages, cannons, wagons, motorcycles, tools, toys, dolls, rocks, taxidermy, you name it. You can get right up to the animals and feed most of the hoofstock. On one adventure my daughter was invited to bottle feed an Assateague pony foal. You just don't get to interact with the animals like that at a larger zoo.

1  Thank businesspeep