“Great when there's enough snow!”

High Point Cross Country Ski Center
Reviewed 16 January 2013

This is a great way to use this park in the winter. Having the Monument Trail for snowshoes is a great feature. That's what got us hooked and prompted us to buy our own snowshoes. The other trails are great as well - everything loops together so you can go for quite a long time in the woods. The only recommendation I would make is that they build a little "snow bridge" across the road at the end of Lake Marcia so you don't have to take off your skis or snowshoes to cross.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

My experience at the High Point Cross Country Ski Center was awesome. The trail system is extensive and the trails loop into one another, so you can spend hours in beautiful scenery without having to repeat the trails. All trails are well groomed, in very good condition and are geared towards various levels of proficiencies. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. I even was permitted to give my husky a good workout ski-joring the trails. Trail passes, rentals, lessons and their food are reasonably priced. If you are looking for a close get away, this is the place to choose. I will be back for sure!

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Very nice trails, great rentals, snack bar. Good prices, good parking.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Cross country ski is something you don't hear a lot about in the US. This is much more physically demanding than skiing down the slopes. If you like outdoor challenge among great winter scenery, you are gonna love this one. My favorite was going-up-the-mountain trail. and then once you're done you have a nice cafeteria with a fireplace and hot chocolate. I hope they get snow there this year.

1  Thank OJNY74