“Should be in better condition”

Sand Barrens Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Swainton
More attraction details
Owner description: Sand is the name of the game at this 55,000-square-foot course.
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Nice golf course, that's not too difficult. Course is in serious need of improvement. Way too many spots are burned out. Everyone very friendly.

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Course was in just OK shape for $105. Greens were very slow. very little water on the course and the temp was over 90. When I told them that they should have more water their response was that "people complained about that the day before also". not exactly the most customer friendly response I would have expected.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I played Sand Barrens on July 4th, the greens fee with cart was $105. The greeter in the pro shop was friendly and promptly assisted me. The started was great, gave us a good idea of what to expect from the course.
Where the experience started going downhill was on the fourth hole. I make a mistake; I drove past the cart do not pass sign, I realized just a second too late and was 5 feet past the sign. I quickly stopped and went 90 degrees across to the cart path.
This is when the grounds keeper began to yell at me “Don’t you see the sign? You gotta be kidding me!” I quickly apologized and he continued to berate me. I kept my cool and tried to continue the hole. At my next shot he stood in front of me with his arms crossed while I chunked my shot. This man clearly wanted to embarrass me in front of my friends.
At the end of the day the course was not in good shape, it was not worth the $105 dollars. I cancelled all of my future tee times here. I am a paying customer and even though I made a mistake which I am sorry for, I do not deserve to be addressed as I was.

6  Thank Tadow164
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Sand Barrens has had a rough few summers with the extreme heat causing disease all over the course. However, I was there last weekend and they must have put a ton of money into the place because the course is in the best condition I've seen it in in three YEARS. It's totally worth the visit now, and I will be back many times this summer. The facility is beautiful, the food is great, and employees are wonderful. Everything is back to how it should be there.

1  Thank GolfLover1974
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I had heard that the last few summers had been pretty rough on area golf courses, and I was hesitant to come back after hearing some rumors about area courses. But what a pleasant surprise when my wife and I played Sand Barrens recently. The golf staff was as professional as I have seen in my golf travels (I belong to 2 private clubs) and I would recommend my clubs take a lesson in service from the Sand Barrens employees. From the bag drop staff to the Golf Pros in the pro shop, everyone was professional and made us feel welcome.

The golf course was among the best I have played at the shore. Each hole is unique and I can remember each hole (and we played all 27 that day!) You could see where they have re-sodded some areas that were evidently hurt over the hot summer months, but the professionals were courteous enough to let us know before we went out. The greens were outstanding!

Kudos the management, we'll be back!

Been to Sand Barrens Golf Club? Share your experiences!