“Excellent stay at this comfortable hotel!!”

Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Swedesboro
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent stay at this comfortable hotel!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel! The hotel was exceedingly clean, and the beds were so very comfortable. The pool was beautiful and very refreshing here!

Staff was very friendly and always willing to give a hand whenever necessary. I noted that there was no refrigerator or microwave in the room and I called down to inquire about it. They sent both items up immediately and called back to follow up to be sure.

I highly recommend this location and had an excellent visit here!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Christine H
HISwedesboro, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Pixiechix,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Holiday Inn Philadelphia south Swedesboro. We are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.
Thank you for the great accolades in regards to our cleanliness and our staff. Our staff is amazing and they will be happy to hear that you recognized them.
We look forward to accommodating you again in the future. Again, thank you

Dana Gilliam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I would not recommend this hotel at all. It's dirty, outdated, and a lady in the bar is not the friendliest person in the world. If you are in the middle of a thunderstorm and have no place to go, give it a try. If you are not desperate, there is a much better hotel just around the corner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank kaszub
HISwedesboro, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Kazsub,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We are sorry to hear that you have had a less than pleasant stay with us. We take pride in delivering great customer service along with clean comfortable accommodations and I assure this is not a typical experience here. I will be sure to share your comments with our management team. Please contact me at dgilliam@guestlinx.com so we can obtain more details about your stay. Again, we regret that this impacted your experience with and hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future, Thank you

Nashua, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Worst hotel restaurant in over a decade and the worst service in a long, long time. Avoid this hotel and restaurant if at all possible.

I sat at the bar as that doubles as the restaurant. After being ignored for ten minutes the bartender, Jackie, who had been in deep conversation with two friends at the other end of the bar, finally made her way to me. No apology. I ordered a margarita (lousy) and the "Roma Chicken". The chicken was freezer burned, probably defrosted five or six days ago and definitely spoiled. Two bites told me this, the second I spit out. The "baked potato" wasn't. It was microwaved. Their salad bar was filthy and I saw utensils there that weren't clean.

Jackie spent nearly 100% of her time ignoring me and the others around the bar and just talked with her friends. When she finally noticed nearly everything on my plate wasn't eaten I explained what was wrong. She did take the chicken off my bill which I appreciated and thanked her. Basically supper consisted of a microwaved potato.

The hotel is under renovation and I understand that but for what I paid I expected a place considerably cleaner and elevators that didn't make painful noises. Also the wifi is worthless on the fourth floor, it would not stay connected to any device for more than five minutes. I set my iPhone up as a hot spot and used that.

This hotel is on my never to return list. What a hole.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ron L
HISwedesboro, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Ron L,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had a less then pleasant stay with us. Our apologies for your experience in the restaurant. The items that you shared will be addressed with all appropriate departments for resolution. We hope you can reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Found this hotel, or should I say my GPS found this hotel while traveling up Jersey Turnpike. Had enough of driving so I found the closest place. Turns out it was 6 miles from turnpike, it's right off the Garden State Parkway. But I'd called, they'd given me a good military/government rate discount price over the phone so I went.
Nice location, has a Wawa and a couple of fast food type places next to it for breakfast.
Lobby looked decent enough, front desk folks were friendly, free water bottles and papers. Was a bit worried when I got off the elevator, carpet in hallway had seen better days, baseboards (or the plastic equivilent) were gone.
Got into room, it was clean, smelled good, bed was comfortable. Had a beer at the bar, it was cheap and cold. Wi-fi worked well for me.
Didn't sample the restaurant, had breakfast at the aforementioned Wawa. Would recommend overall, would also like to see it once they finish renovating.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
HISwedesboro, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Tomandjc,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Holiday Inn Philadelphia South Swedesboro. We are glad your GPS found us. I apologize for the looks of the hallway carpet, as you already know we are in the process of replacing it. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you
Glassboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We, at Save A Yorkie Rescue, held our annual event in Swedesboro and had many families, and their dogs, stay over at the Holiday Inn, and had a great experience. Our founders brought two large cakes and the hotel staff put it in their refrigerator units. Just great service!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Victor M,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. It was an absolute pleasure having you and your furry friends stay with us. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future. Again, Thank you.
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

For my job we stay at Holiday Inn and HIE. I usually like my stay, but this one was not good. First off, the hotel looks old and run down. Second, I didn't get any internet coverage on the fourth floor. That didn't make me happy. Third, I thought breakfast was okay. It is probably worth the money. If I would choose between the Hampton and the Holiday Inn, I would definitely choose the Hampton and get the HHonors points!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Red_Alert_V
HISwedesboro, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Red Alert V,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. We are sorry to see that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We do have an internet support service that can help get our guests online if they are having troubles with their PC. Intercontinental Hotel Group (Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Ect) does offer a rewards program. It is IHG Rewards Club where you can collect points. Ihg Reward points never expire and you can redeeem them for great mercandise, hotels ect. Thank you for sharing your feedback, We hop you will stay with us again in the future.

Rochester, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

The only impressive thing about this hotel was that the maintenance person showed up in a timely fashion to fix the air conditioning that was not working. Their guest book in the room stated room service was available 6am-10pm. They left out not available from 11-5pm. Breakfast wasn't delivered without an issue and food was subpar. Hotel looks like it is under renovations but not sure.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Peggy P
HISwedesboro, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Peggy P,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are sorry about the confusion with our room service hours. We will definately look into that and update our guest books. Again Thank you
Dana Gilliam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swedesboro
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Bridgeport
TownePlace Suites Swedesboro Philadelphia
BEST WESTERN Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Crowne Plaza Wilmington North
Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point
Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington

Been to Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro? Share your experiences!