“Great newly updated hotel..but”

Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Bridgeport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Swedesboro
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here while visiting family in new jersey. This hotel is newly updated, offers a great breakfast and is very clean. However..watch your bank statement carefully. .upon check in I paid in cash and they took my card info for a 50$ hold which is fine. . But 2 days later there was a charge for 69.08.. I inquiries about the charge & the woman at the front desk said she didn't know what it was for. I then called customer service and they told me they wouldn't know until we checked out..so the girl from the front desk called me back and said they under charge me when I checked in.. so that's what the 69.08 was for. I paid them 357 in cash and my conformation page (with tax and everything included said 370) that's far from a 69 dollar difference. I spoke to several different staff members who all day different excuses to the charge. Finally the morning of checkout the lady at the desk said the charge would come off and her finance manager would take care of it. They did not give me a receipt upon check out.....because it wasn't right. I asked about a discount for all the trouble and I was denied. After that nightmare and being a honors member I am absolutley disappointed with how I was treated. My bank is handling the Situation. I still don't have the 69.08 in my account but it hasn't been 24 hours since check out. My bank credited me the 50 dollars back since I haven't gotten that either. We will see what happens.. this isn't the hotels fault I'm sure. But I am upset with the situation. I would stay at this hotel again but next time I will be getting a prepaid visa card. I am just confused with all the different stories I received from all the manager. I definitely think I should receive a discount for all the trouble I was put through and I was told that they can not apply discounts. However this situation ends up in the end (I'll give it a week) will determine if I want to ever stay at any hilton owned hotel. Overall it is a nice hotel though

• Stayed: June 2014
HamptonInn2013, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hello Cassie,

Thank you for your review of the hotel, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding the issue you had I am truly sorry about the confusion, I hope next time you stay with us it is a smooth and painless stay.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel has all the nice amenities at a reasonable price. It is attractive and well maintained. The staff is friendly and very helpful every step of the way. The pantry/store has a nice selection of items. The complimentary breakfast is very complete, fresh, and very well stocked. A nice plus is the guest laundry room for any last minute emergencies or just wanting to keep your clothes clean during your stay. A very inviting place to stay!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInn2013, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Nancy E S,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel, I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself and everyone so helpful and pleasant. Hopefully next time you are in the area you will stop by and be our guest again.

Yours truly

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Our entire experience with the hotel and staff was outstanding. We had an air-conditioning issue on arrival in our room which was fixed by maintenance by a very responsive and competent person. It was a good thing since the hotel had no other rooms available.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear William H,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully next time you are in our area you will stop by and be our guest again.

Yours in Hospitality

David Zabel jr

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Clean room, very accessible location (right off I295), speedy check-in and check-out, friendly staff and good breakfast. Pool and a small gym available. For the price, this was a nice comfy stay. The surroundings are not very interesting but, as stated previously, the hotel is located right off 295 so you can always drive to Philly from there or maybe south towards Bethany Beach.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInn2013, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hello Cris GDC,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel, I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. Hope the next time you are in our area you will choose us again.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

When we first went to book at Bridgeport Hampton, they were full. We were so disappointed because this IS our favorite Hampton. Just before our trip we were informed of a cancellation. Our mood was immediately elevated! Yes, the facilities are extremely nice, including recent updates to the Lobby and beyond, but it's the people that make a stay here EXTRA special! From the manager, Jeanne, to staff such as Justine, Erica and beyond, we feel SO welcome whenever we stay at this Hampton. THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello Alex,

It is always such a pleasure to see a loyal guest such as yourself write an amazing review. I am overjoyed to hear that you enjoy your time with us and appreciate all the things the staff here does. We hope to continue to wow you with our hotel and friendly customer service. Thank you again for your review. We will see you on your next trip to the area.

Yours Truly,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Old building, but lobby and non-room areas have been nicely remodeled. Room had a spot where drywall had come off and wasn't repaired. Bathroom vent looked like it had never been cleaned or replaced, and while the carpet was apparently new, the front door of the room wouldn't close on its own as it would become stuck on the carpet. Closet door would not open or close correctly because of the carpet. The room/bathroom were clean and the staff was extremely friendly, but the room needed some touch-up.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInn2013, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hello William J,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear you had a few difficulties during your stay with us. I hope next time you are in town you will choose us and allow us to show you we can do better. Once again thank you for your review of our hotel.

Yours truly

David Zabel.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

in a bind? need a good value for your money? check this place out. newly renovated hampton in with updated fixtures and furnishings. also offers a fairly decent breakfast with hot items like oatmeal, eggs, and sausage. not much in the immediate area in the way of shopping or restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInn2013, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hello Malika,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear your enjoyed your stay. I hope in the future you will be our guest again.

David Zabel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Swedesboro
Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Swedesboro Logan Township
Comfort Inn & Suites Carney's Point
9 mi away
Hampton Inn Pennsville
Hampton Inn Pennsville
#2 of 4 in Pennsville

Been to Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Bridgeport? Share your experiences!