“Delicious food made and served by native Thais”
Review of Thai Palace

Thai Palace
Ranked #18 of 128 Restaurants in Teaneck
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

It's a little hole in the wall, railroad style space. Two tables up front and maybe 12 or less in the back. But it is a very friendly and pleasant place to eat. The service is concerned and helpful. The food is genuine Thai cuisine and can be made more or less spicy as you wish. We had lovely pots of hot tea with our meal. Save room for dessert especially the homemade chocolate pecan pie

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I'm a local, so we 'found' this place before the papers wrote reviews. Thankfully, other than a somewhat bigger weekend crowd, nothing changed. I last ate there 2 nights ago, in a party of five. (All good eaters!). We shared a beef salad, (large amounts of grilled beef, great flavor), a sampler platter, and some veggie dumplings. The sauces that accompany the sampler were great... we were dipping our spoons in the peanut sauce and finishing it that way. Two in our party had drunken noodles, one with chicken, one with veggies, I had massaman curry with chicken (amd am eating the leftovers for lunch today). The sauce is outstanding, and I love the pumpkin chunks,,,, The order of pineapple fried rice was tasty...with plenty of fruit in it....
The decor is fine....as was the background music... nothing obstrusive.... with the large open dining room, sound carries, so we were glad there was another bigger party (7) which was louder than us! It's a BYOB, so that helps contain costs. Parking is a problem, so be prepared to park down a residential street and walk a block or two. Not horrible, but it's a busy street to cross if you're with children or elderly. (and it's next to a barber shop and laundry, so you're competing for a close space!) The window shows only one table from the street, but after entering, you walk down a small hallway and into the large open dining room. Service was spotty, but very warm and friendly. It got busy, and we weren't in a hurry, so the time gaps didn't bother us, although some other diners were complaining.
Dessert: We had asked when arriving if they had the sticky rice with mangoes for dessert, and our waitress checked and said yes. When we ordered dessert, there was only one order left.... Very disappointing! It went to the B-Day person, and the rest of us just drooled. OK, we filled in with chocolate cake and ice cream...but.... we were bothered by the fact they ran out so early in the night! Especially since we had talked up this dessert to our friends often... well, I guess we'll have to bring them back here again... LOL
It's a good value for the money, They will adjust the spicies according to your request, so don't be afraid to bring a novice to introduce them to Thai food, try something with the Massamana sauce, and think about eating dessert first!!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We went to this restaurant the week after it was reviewed in a local paper, It is either the best time or the worst time. It was both.

We found the restaurant easily and were seated immediately. When we saw almost every table occupied at 6:30 PM it should have been a clue. The restaurant is bright and cheery with blue and yellow colors everywhere.

It took about 15 minutes to have our order taken by an extremely pleasant waiterperson. We started with the sea rolls as suggested in the review. It came out another 15 minutes later. The kitchen was clearly overwhelmed The rolls were very crispy, with delightful chunks of shrimp and not greasy at all, The dipping sauce was not to the standard of the roll.

The entries were ChuChee Salmon (pan sauteed salmon with a spicy chuchee curry, coconut milk, lime leaves on steamed baby bok choy). The extra long wait for this dish was worth it. The salmon was moist, and flaky with an brilliantly spiced sauce not over spicy but very piquant. The bed of bok choy was a nice touch of vegetables.

The other entree was Massamam Jumbo Shrimp with a massamam curry sauce with potatoes, onions, pumpkin and avocado. Again the extra long wait was worth the taste this provided. The avocado providing a nice silky texture and the shrimp were plump and fresh. The curry sauce itself showed the masterful hand of the chef and would have been a treat in itself on rice.

The dessert were a disappointment since the best were all sold out. It was 7:30 Pm and they were finished.

The service was characterized by the calm demeanor of the family but could not remove the fact that it was intolerably long.

I plan to return due to the skill of the kitchen and hope that the size of the front room is as balance as the skill of the kitchen.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I finally made it to this restaurant a couple of months after it received a great review in The Record. As expected, the decor was nothing to look at but the prices were low. The food did not disappoint, but the service did. It seemed to have a pretty traditional Thai menu with the usual choices. I ordered the drunken noodles (with pork) which had a star next to it indicating it was a hot dish. The waitress didn’t ask me how hot I wanted it and I was curious to see how hot it would be. Answer: not at all. I guess they saw I was some white guy and dumbed it down. It was still flavorful, however. For appetizers I really enjoyed the spring rolls filled with seafood. I absolutely loved the duck salad; the meat was nice and crisp, not fatty at all. We had a concert to catch at MexiCali Live so we couldn’t stay for dessert – not that they wanted us to: we were the last ones in the place at 9:10pm on a Saturday night! Overall, very tasty food but the service, while pleasant, was lacking. We had to ask three times before they brought over the extra ice we requested, and they left too many empty/dirty dishes on our table for too long. That happened throughout the meal, even though the restaurant was at most one-quarter full.

Been to Thai Palace? Share your experiences!