“Great for spa weekend!”

Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Teaneck
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Great for spa weekend! Spa is very classy and the services are not expensive at all. Nice and secluded plus the spa is connected to the hotel. Nice big pool and the aerobic classes are free to registered guests. Awesome weekend!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Doug S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

We appreciate your comments and are very proud that our guests share their pleasurable experiences with others. Although the Spa at Glenpointe is independantly owned and operated, it is a welcome treat for our guests. This fitness center is an absolute highlight at our property and enjoyed greatly by our guests. Thank you for staying with us and having a great stay!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Food was ok, service was good. Best part is old gray headed security guard that thinks he's Tony Soprano. A really funny guy to watch . What one might call. "A punk wanna be". The place is in the middle of nowhere. Marriot courtyard in secaucus is a better choice

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Roadwarrior18
Doug S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thank you for staying with us and giving us your feedback. I am glad that the service at the hotel was to your liking. I am unaware of the gentleman that you have referred to and should you want to provide details you can either call me 201-836-0600 or email me at gm@marriottteaneck.com. We value the voice of our guests and we strive to make each and every stay an enjoyable one. Again thank you for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Doug

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We had a good turnout for our training yesterday. But I must say your prices are so far out of line that we will never use your facility again.

Charging us $917 for the day’s rent, service charges of $50.60 for the AV ( which did nothing) . $110 service charge for something else. Power strip rentals at $20 each is vulgar.

Then, and worst of all, over $2,000 in food charges. And the food was barely adequate.

Charging small businesses this much, and then adding on the obscene service charges is tantamount to highway robbery. Imagine if you hadn’t waived your ridiculous $250 internet fee ( a comical add on that costs you nothing ) .

To give you some competitive analysis:

The day before we did the same thing at the Holiday Inn in Plainview NY.

$500 flat fee for the conference room
No internet fee ( I didn’t have to ask them for no charge )
$18 for the screen, you charged $80 ( insane )
No charge for the power strips ( you charges $150 for the “cart” and strips )
Then you added another $50.60 for a service fee – like you didn’t make enough profit on the rentals…again, how petty.

Out total bill with you was over $3,000!!!! Crippling for a small business trying to educate our dealers.
My total bill at the Holiday Inn was significantly less than half of yours.

I know this isn’t your fault, it’s your company’s.

Suffice it to say we will forever look elsewhere to hold our small events.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Richard R
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We use Marriott Hotels often in Canada and elsewhere.
This was a 3 day visit for the Remembrance Day weekend - 3 couples in our party = 3 rooms.
(Note that NY had been hit by two major storms in the past month, but that Marriott Hotel had escaped the hit.)

Check in and Check out were as usual for Marriott: effective, expedient, and courteous.
Rooms were spacious and well appointed.
One of the rooms had dirty (obviously had been used) glasses. Another room did not have any cups nor coffee bags for the coffee maker (they had to ask for some at the reception each and every night.)

My wife and I did not experience these issues.
We however had problems with some kind of bug (a large triangular-shaped insect that creeped us out.) The first night, I killed it and flushed it down the toilet (and reported so to the reception). The same happened the next evening - same type of bug. Same procedure - kill, flush, and report to reception.

Overall, none of the 3 couples said they would return to that hotel.
This is not a reflection of the typical Marriott Hotels, but one must wonder how long before the quality control folks at Marriott check this one out for pest control and floor services standards.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Andre F
Doug S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Thank you for choosing the Teaneck Marriott for your recent stay. I have read your comments and I wanted first and foremost apologize for the experience that you and your fellow travelers had while here. It is obvious that the attention to detail was missing and I have personally addressed it with our Front Office and Housekeeping teams. I wanted to let you know that we take every comment very seriously and we take every measure to make sure that our quality standards are where they should be. We have a long standing record of having spacious, comfortable and clean rooms and that is what we continously deliever to our guests. Again my apologies that this stay had a few missteps and we hope that should you return we can have the opportunity to better serve you. Should you want to discuss further please contact me at 201-836-0600 or email me at gm@marriotttteaneck.com.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 21 February 2013

1st, I am a "Marriott Rewards" member. Usually, you are greeted at check in as a "Rewards" member. I went to check in at 345pm and was told my room was not ready. Girl at the front desk had no personality. Never acknowledged me as a member. I think they are required to do so. I have always been acknowledged at other Marriott's throughout the US. She asked for a credit card to swipe, swiped it and said check back later. Now, I realize that "official" check in is 4pm, but it was 345pm!?! When I went back at 845pm to check back in, another girl, with no personality, just handed me the room keys and didn't even tell me what the room number was, or how to get there and where the best place was to park the car. All of these things are standard when checking into a hotel. The room was very nice and clean. However, it had a small refrigerator on the floor, which had no door handle and the insulation on the wiring was worn to where it was exposed. Should not have been put into any room. For these reasons, I am cancelling my Marriott Rewards credit card.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken P
Doug S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Let me begin by apologizing for your recent experience at our hotel. It is very uncharacteristic of our hotel to have these types of occurances. I would like to further discuss this with you at your earliest convenience; you can reach me at 201-836-0600 or email gm@marriottteaneck.com. I look forward to speaking with you. Again thank you for your feedback and I will await your response.

Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

I read all the reviews before I came so I expected nothing but the best. Check in was a breeze, staff very nice. The room was quite large, had a king size bed and sitting area with a couch and coffee table. The bed, the pillows and comforter was very clean and oh so comfortable! The bathroom was very clean as well. I can't say anything about the location because I didn't venture out. The restaurant here looks very appealing but again I can't say because I didn't eat there. Overall this place is awesome!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank misscamperdown

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is always exciting and reassuring when are guests are pleased with our accomodations. Please join us again; we would be pleased to have you join us at the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stay here a few times a year for business conferences / meetings. The hotel has been undergoing a long renovation, but its always clean & comfortable. Friendly, professional staff at check in.
Complimentary access to a connected large gym next door is a big plus. The catering food for meetings is above average.

Breakfast service at the restaurant is too slow especially when the restaurant is not crowded.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HowTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Teaneck
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area
6 mi away
Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus

Been to Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe? Share your experiences!