“HORRIBLE PEOPLE”

Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Teaneck
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I am a platinum Marriott member. I have stayed at this hotel before and had no issues... therefore, It makes me think this hotel has changed management.

My last stay here was an absolute terrible experience. I had ordered room service one afternoon something as simple as soup and salad. It took 45 min and then they got my order wrong. When I called back and explained they said we are sorry we will send someone up they still had it wrong. It took 3 times to get it right and by that time I had to leave and couldn't even enjoy my meal.

Then at checkout I got my bill under door I noticed charges for room service that were not mine... I called down to the front desk so they could start investigating the issue since I was running late. They said I needed to be there in person... after 40 min of deliberation they realized that it was a mistake and they would take care of the room service charge. They said they would be sending me a new bill that day with the charges reversed. Remind you this is my corporate credit account so makes things a million times more difficult when there are credit issues.

I never got an email with a new bill, called back on a Monday.. first lady seemed to know what I was talking about said it had been credited and I should see it on statement in 3-5 business days... I said ok thanks. Well waited a week and saw nothing.. I called back again. This time no one seemed to have any clue what I was talking about the person on the phone was extremely rude. They said someone will give u a call back... no one called. I called back they next day as you can imagine my patience is a little thin now, the same scenario happened. Manager said we need to talk to food and bev manager and investigate that this is true will call back. This is now 3+ weeks after my stay and I am about to get late charges on my corporate credit card because I cant process a meal that was over my daily limit...

I called my credit card company worked with them. They were great we disputed the charges. In meantime a week later Marriott called and said I had been refunded. No apology for inconvenience.. nothing.

Maybe this doesn't sound like a hassle to you but it was to me. I am all about friendly and good service and this Marriott definitely lacked all that.

The food was also terrible... I will NEVER give my business to this Marriott again. They treated me with such disrespect and made me go through a huge headache for a mistake that was on THERE end.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Miranda W
Doug S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Again, I would like to express our sincerest apology. I was glad that I was able to speak to you directly and was able to discuss with you this issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding and we use these types of situations to learn and grow. We appreciate your time and feedback.

Kindly yours,

Reviewed 18 July 2013

This used to be the "go to" place for flight crews. Not any longer ...We will be moving to a new location along with several other of our crews. The hotel really only cares about LG employees. The gym is the only thing it has going for it. Restaurant is a 2 out of 5. Rooms and Hot and dated , the bathroom showers are small and frequently dirty. Conceriege lounge so crowded they can't possibly keep it stocked. Tried to eat breakfast at 8:30 in the morning and they were out of food and coffee??? Internet is slow and the worst is the change in employees that have that "don't care" attitude. 150+ Nights a year with Marriott ...its time to move on!

Room Tip: Low floor otherwise way to hot.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am so very sorry that you feel this way about the hotel. I would like to address this with you and see what we can do to make this better for you and the crew. We want all of our guests to be satisfied and if we are missing the mark we would like your feedback so we can continue our relationship and move forward. Please contact me directly at gm@marriottteaneck.com. I would love an opportunity to speak with you. Thank you in advance.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We were driving for 5 hours on our way home. We were so tired we just stopped in had some drinks at the Awesome Bar/Restaurant Lounge. We had a Blast! We met some awesome ppl to talk and laugh with, they were flight crews.
The rooms are Outstanding. the beds and pillows and down comforter were Oh... Heavenly Comfy!! I did not want to leave the next morning at all! I wish we had time to take advantage of their huge fitness center and pool.
The staff is so kind and helpful. The sweet woman that is in housekeeping we met on Monday morning could not do enough for us. What a Doll she was. And Maria that worked in the bar was a sweetheart. We had the Crostini as an app at the bar but... was not what I was expecting. Crostini is supposed to be crispy bread. This is what made the dish "ok" The toppings were different and interesting.
But... do not even think about another Hotel in NJ... This is your place! A++++

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Rooms are large, well kept, extremely comfortable beds and quiet. Free parking was a plus. Easy accessiblity to bus to New York City Port Authority -which is the central bus/subway station -right in Times Square
was fabulous. This took on the average about 20 minutes on an airconditioned bus. The bus stop is directly outside the hotel! The hotel will give you a schedule so that you can plan your trips. Make sure that you arrive early enough to the station gate to get in line for your return trip to the hotel. The evenings seemed to be quite busy and there was one time when the bus reached capacity and people had to wait for the next bus. We didn't have a problem. BUS schedule varies - make sure to check!
Buffet breakfast had an excellent variety of hot and cold foods, fresh fruit, omelets made to personal taste, fresh brewed coffee. Having breakfast at the hotel allowed us to begin our day in the city without having to spend time searching for food.
Staff were very helpful, friendly and very courteous. We really enjoyed our stay at the Teaneck Marriott Glenpointe.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MiriYVR

Thank you for staying with us! We are thrilled to hear about your pleasant experience at the hotel. We strive to offer our absolute best to our guest. From our Great Room to our guestrooms and our proximity to the city makes this hotel unique and a hidden gem! We apppreciate you taking the time to post this fantastic review! We hope to have you again with us soon.

Warm regards,

Doug S

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Great place for visiting the NYC area. Quit neighborhood, bus stop right outside to the city, and free parking a huge plus. The staff was wonderful and the beds were comfortable. They even have a pool and gym. I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2013
Doug S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

It is always awesome to hear our guests and how they have had a great stay with us. It is always a pleasure to know that our staff is offering great service and that our rooms are comfortable. That is what makes a great stay! Thank you for sharing with us and we look forward to have you visit us again.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I always stay here when I'm in New York. The price is much better than anything in Manhattan and you are there in 15 minutes driving. The hotel itself is very nice and clean, with big rooms and an excellent breakfast. Wifi is fast, but it could be cheaper. Looking forward to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We flew in to LGA to purchase a car in NJ and decided to spend a couple extra days touring NYC. Since we had a car and didn't really want to navigate Manhattan, the Teaneck Marriott was the perfect solution, offering free parking as well as a 'tour nyc' package that included breakfast and round trip bus tickets for 2 into the Times' Square area. We were treated like VIPs the moment we entered the main lobby. The front desk staff welcomed us at the door and walked us up to the desk to guide us through check in. Our room was spacious and clean, per Marriott standards, and the hotel felt safe, quiet and comfortable. The buffet breakfast, included in our package was most excellent, with all the fresh items well layed out and perfectly prepared. Again, the staff was absolutely first class. Each and every time we encountered someone associated with the hotel, we were impressed by professional attitudes, and a genuine concern for our comfort and satisfaction. The bus passes included with our package were also quite a treat. A comfortable 23 minute express into the city made the commute enjoyable since we didn't have to worry about parking and fighting traffic. Busses run several times per hour late into the night, so there was lots of flexibility with our return to the hotel.
Overall, I would rate this as one of the best experiences I've had with a hotel booked purely on other TA reviews. We might prefer to stay in town at some future visit, but given our needs with parking and budgets, this was the perfect solution, and we didn't feel like we missed out on anything.

Room Tip: our room was off the main elevator lobby in a quiet wing. we did not see or hear any other guests.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for such a great review! It makes us very proud to know that we are giving our guests top notch service and that our accomodations are comfortable. Our hotel is the perfect location for those such as yourself that want a great alternative to staying in the city. The transportation to and from NYC is a wonderful convenience and completely hassle-free. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to having you with us again!

Warm Regards,

Doug S.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Teaneck
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#1 of 2 in Ridgefield Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands

Been to Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe? Share your experiences!