“Hotel is going downhill fast.”

Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Teaneck
Louisville, Kentucky
“Hotel is going downhill fast.”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The hotel is having some major changes and going downhill fast. This past trip we were told they were under new management. That maybe true but still the same old problems. Food service poor….employees very rude, the only positive is the Gym. They say they are updating the rooms what they need to update is the staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Galloway, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The hotel is great. Staff is very accomodating in every manner. Even when booking the room the reservation clerk was extremely helpful. If traveling into Manhattan, there is a NJ transit bus that stops at the back of the hotel and in 20 minutes you are at NYC Port Authority Bus terminal. It could not be easier.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Overall, this was a very lovely hotel and delivered on general expectations for a fair price! Its proximity to NYC and the highways to get into town make it a great location. I have a few short stories to share about my experiences, both negative and positive.

The second day of my 5-night stay, I had to use the business center for work in order to print something I needed. I was charged $20.30 for 5 minutes of computer time and to print 6 pages. When I asked to print the receipt, the printer went haywire and started printing page after page of hieroglyphics. I had to go to the front desk to notify them of the issue and ask for a receipt, since it was a business expense. The front staff didn't know what to do (they weren't going to go fix the printer when I told them that the next guest was going to have issues, since I left the paper drawer open), and they offered no empathy to my situation, quickly letting me know that they don't control the costs. On top of the ridiculous charge, the pages I did print for work were a little sloppy and didn't print very crisp or clean. Just don't plan on printing anything if you need to stay for business.

The same night when I returned to the hotel, I had received housekeeping services even though I had the "do not disturb" sign in the room key slot on my room's door. Maybe most travelers appreciate the turn down service, but having had theft in hotel rooms before, I prefer to just ask for fresh towels when I need them, and I was very upset that someone had come in without my permission. I did notify the front desk, who put a note in for the head of housekeeping, and for the rest of the stay, no one came in to my knowledge.

I was prepared to write a really bad review, despite the lovely decor and great view of the city, until Ronnie changed my opinion. We were hanging out in the concierge lounge the very last night of our stay, celebrating a successful week of business, when we asked Ronnie, who was the attendant in the concierge lounge for tips on where to get good NJ bagels. She gave us verbal directions, then headed out at the end of her shift. A few minutes later, she returned with print-outs in hand, including Google directions to the bagel shop. She had gone down to the first floor, printed things out for us, called her kids to confirm the directions, and then came all the way back up to the 14th floor to give us the deets. She really went above and beyond, and she saved the hotel from a bad ranking!

I do recommend this hotel to other NYC travelers, and I may even myself be back. I just hope I don't have to print anything next time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of NYC!
1 Thank Emily F
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

A really good full service Marriott. Great views of the NYC skyline. Right at the entrance to the GW bridge and the NJ turnpike. Great staff and concierge lounge. We would stay there again. Great spot if you are planning a New York City trip

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013

A strange hotel stuck in the middle of nowhere but obviously well used and liked by regulars as there appears to be a good relationship between guests and staff in both the reception and the bar areas. The rooms are comfortable even though the bed was better suited to someone who liked soft beds. The bathrooms are a little dated but contain a range of good toiletries. It is nice to be in a hotel where wifi is free throughout.

Maitland, Florida
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Ingram at the front desk was very helpful with contacting the Marriott Marquis for us to help with an issue we had with a tour. She went above and beyond to be helpful. Thanks to Ingram, we appreciate your help.

• Stayed November 2013
Pa
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Chose here to stay forhusban's eye surgery. Checked in the night before where front desk upgraded us to concierge privileges without us asking for them. Way to go! The. After edit g Mr Arnold, executive director of Housekkepingi I the elevator, soup was delivered to the room with a kind note for speedy recovery. They also cleaned early so my husband could rest after am surgery. The special treatment was greatly appreciated. Room was comfortable and clean. Easy access to GW Bridge. Would stay again for fun!

Room Tip: Faced highway, view great no noise on 10 floor
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Teaneck
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#2 of 2 in Ridgefield Park
Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights

Been to Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe? Share your experiences!