“Amazing health club. Very nice and conveniently located.”

Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Teaneck
Newton, Massachusetts
“Amazing health club. Very nice and conveniently located.”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

One of the best Marriott properties I've stayed at! I'm not sure there's anything more I can add. Really, I stay at Marriott properties nights a month. I highly recommend this hotel. Really. Really. Really!

Room Tip: No thoughts to add. All rooms seems great.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
This is a fantastic review! Thank you for the enthusiasm in your comments, as our team gets equally passionate about providing genuine hospitality to every guest every day! We are excited to welcome you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Sterling, VA
Reviewed 11 April 2014

As Marriott Gold level members, we always make it a point to search out Marriott properties when traveling. Our daughter recently moved and we discovered that this Marriott was the closest to where she now lives. It's right off I-80 and very easy to find. In fact, you can't miss it once you exit the interstate.

When we entered, a front desk clerk named Betsy left the desk and greeted us as soon as we got into the lobby. With a smile on her face, she welcomed us. Check in went very smoothly and without us asking, she gave us details such as, for example, the hours of the concierge lounge. We mentioned that we wanted a fridge in our room and she told us that it was already in our room! That, in itself, is very impressive! Even though we have it on our profile that we want a fridge in our room, at some Marriotts, we have to remind them of this when we check in. Only then, do they bring one.

Sure enough, there was a fridge in the room! We were on the 10th floor facing the interstate. This is actually a good thing since on a clear night, you can see the Manhattan skyline in the distance.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. As a personal preference, we prefer a firm mattress. While it wasn't as firm as we like, it was still firmer than what we've found in other hotels. Also, the room was spacious which was a big help as our daughter and her family visited us at the hotel each day.

The bathroom also was spacious which makes moving around very easy. There was plenty of counter space by the sink. The selection of toiletries was more than adequate---shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion, hand soap, bar soap, and body wash plus q-tips and cotton balls. Housekeeping did a great job keeping the room clean.

The concierge lounge was very well run. Breakfast was good---cereal, both hot and cold, pastries, scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes. Plus there was coffee, orange juice, sodas and bottled water. For later in the evening, there was a selection of alcoholic beverages (I don't know what exactly there was as we didn't partake in any of it). The staff at the concierge lounge was also friendly and very welcoming. It's on the 14th floor and also has the Manhattan skyline view.

On our last day, which was a Saturday, we ate at the hotel restaurant, Pancetta. You can either order breakfast off the menu or go for the buffet. We recommend the buffet as the kitchen was on the slow side when it came to ordering off the menu.

There is also a separate bar in the lobby. Speaking of the lobby---it's very spacious with lots of places to sit.

We would gladly return to this hotel during our future visits! Kudos to the staff here!

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view, pay extra for an upper floor and ask for a room facing I-80. That w...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
It was a pleasure to have you with us! I am pleased to know our location worked out perfectly and our team took great care of you! I will be certain to pass along your comments and appreciate you mentioning Betsy for her efforts to provide a memorable experience along with our Housekeeping team who together have a mission to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel. We hope to see you many more times in the future!
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel has guest service down to an art! From the moment I walked through the door I felt like a valued, important guest. All management and staff blend friendly politeness with a proper touch of formality. Staff was always happy and eager to assist. When I asked for directions, a staffer politely walked outside with me to point the way. The staff here go out of their way to make the guest feel welcome and honored.

The hotel is a little old but the rooms are well maintained (though the bathroom showers are showing their age) and the common areas are modern and classy. I loved the far-off views of Manhattan from my 10th floor room. My request for a quiet room was honored and notes upon checkin (high floor, away from elevators, stairwells and ice machines, etc). I enjoyed foot access to nearby walking trails.

I recommend this hotel with no hesitation and would gladly stay here again!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing this recommendation and for specifically highlighting some of your interactions with our associates. You are a valued guest of ours and we appreciate you selecting the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe. I will be certain to pass along your kind words to our team and look forward to having you back.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed at the Teaneck Marriott while on business in Englewood Cliffs. After a long flight delay I arrived around 1AM and the hotel was very accommodating. At check in I mentioned that I was starving and they informed me that room service was closed but the manager went out of his way to call a local pizza place to request delivery for me.

The room was spacious and clean. The staff was pleasant & gave very attentive, quick service. The room service (breakfast) was fantastic as well as the food at the bar and Italian restaurant. All of the servers were so friendly and personable.

The parking lot is large with plenty of free parking and the hotel is close to the major highways and particularly close to the George Washington Bridge.

As one of my company offices is in this area, this will be my go-to hotel whenever I need to come to town for business.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
We are excited to be your "go to" hotel of choice! Thank you for providing such great comments about our Front Desk team during that late hour, as I am thrilled to learn they were able to arrange food after such a long day. Our restaurant and culinary team will also be excited to hear your kind words about the food and beverage options within the Teaneck Marriott! Can't wait to see you back!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I just spent a Saturday night at Glenpointe while I was in Bergen County to attend an event and to visit friends the following day.

I was very pleased with my stay. The hotel was very clean and nicely decorated. All of the staff I encountered were friendly and accommodating. My room was big and well furnished; I especially liked having a sofa and a big desk - and a nice view of the Manhattan skyline across the Palisades. Parking was plentiful. I have no complaints and would recommend the hotel, especially at the rate I paid for the room. I think it would be especially good for business travelers.

I didn't make use of the gym facilities or restaurant/bar, so I can't comment on those.

I would have given it 5 stars, except for a few small points in comparison to some other Marriott properties where I have stayed. None of these should stop you from visiting, it's just what would have made it a 5 star place for me:
-soundproofing: I could hear people in the hallway and next room very clearly, although outside (traffic) noise was NOT a problem. Fortunately I was on a high floor and not near all the rowdy hockey kids who were staying, so there was no late night noise on my floor.
-no bathroom ventilation/fan: not sure if mine was broken or there just wasn't any but the bath really steamed up when I showered and took ages to clear
-in room coffee/tea facilities: a cup of tea when I get up is very important for me. I thought the in-room beverage facility was lacking - and I especially hate paper cups. Would have preferred a proper kettle and real cups.
-no in-room safe
-no bedside i-Home dock/clock/radio for iPhone (which I have found in other Marriott hotels)
-breakfast is really, really overpriced (I suppose because there is no alternative nearby, like you would find in a city or town center).

Those points said, I would stay there again. The place seems to be well managed.

Room Tip: Higher floors are farther away from lobby and road noise. Views of NYC skyline are very nice from s...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for the detailed feedback from your recent stay and for highlighting many positive interactions; however, please allow me to apologize for the challenges you encountered. I have already reviewed your comments with our team and will ensure these issues are resolved. With this, I am also pleased to share some of these items will be addressed with our upcoming room renovation. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experiences further and can be reached via email at keith.shopnick@marriott.com.
San Marcos, California
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stay here often for business and the reliable, consistent level of service is impressive. Concierge lounge amenities are good and the restaurant downstairs is excellent. This property is a quick, easy 20-minute bus ride to the city and offers an excellent gym facility.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate your loyalty to the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe! Our location is perfect for those trips into NYC and I am excited to learn of your experiences in our restaurant. We have a fantastic culinary team with outstanding associates to deliver upon the service delivery and I will inform them of your feedback. Look forward to the next stay!
phillipsburg, nj
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We were in need for quiet peaceful, and well deserve rest with family members in dire straits in the hospital. It was close and very well situated near major highways. The staff were extremely helpful, friendly, caring, and understanding!!!!! The hotel as a whole was very clean, especially the room! Thank you all for a wonderful experience!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for selecting the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe during what appeared to be a very difficult time. I am sorry to learn of the circumstances; however, pleased to know our team helped to make you feel at home. We hope to see you back under more positive circumstances and will be sure to pass along your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Teaneck
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#2 of 2 in Ridgefield Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights

Been to Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe? Share your experiences!