“Awesome hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Teaneck
Queens, NY
“Awesome hotel”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is such an awesome hotel, from its stature to the cleanliness to the level of service to the food. This was actually my 2nd time staying in this hotel (my first visit was in 2008) but they have since remodeled the lobby and are making their way to the rooms. The change is great. It's such a massive, welcoming atmosphere when you first walk in but the staff is incredibly helpful and courteous.

Thank you to the wonderful front desk receptionist who checked me in, ensured that I would have a room on a lower floor and was quite helpful to cater to my every need (as was every other crew member I encountered). The lobby remodel is beautiful with the addition of a new dining option, Pancetta.

The room was pretty large and the same as I remember from my stay 6 years ago. Only issue was the tv signal was pretty weak and I smelled cigarette smoke from one (or a number) of the other rooms. We ordered room service, it was prompt and hot and actually quite tasty.

The elevators were extremely fast and shout out to Jonathan, one of the overnight security guards, for going the extra mile.

Only tip I would give to those who are driving-make sure you remember where you park your car! The lot is pretty big and it's a bit deceiving as far as depth. I actually parked a few rows back than I thought I did and had a bit of a time trying to find my car the next day!

Overall-great hotel, can't wait to see the remodel of the rooms.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for returning back to the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe and for noticing our recent lobby renovation,. I am very appreciative of your feedback and in particular want to extend a heartfelt thank you for recognizing Jonathon from our Loss Prevention team. It is disappointing to learn of the television signal challenges along with the cigarette smoke odor you encountered. Please accept my sincerest apologies and know that we have already researched this further to ensure the issue does not re-occur. I will be certain to share your comments with our entire team and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The employees go way above to make this hotel a preferred location. The bar is well staffed with good food and service for late night arrivals. Hotel is older, however the lobby had just been remodeled and the location is great. Have recommended to several other friends.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Generating repeat business is a true acknowledgement to our team and we thank you kindly for the recommendations. If there is anything we can ever do to enhance your future stays, please let us know and we will look forward to seeing you back!
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Marriott member for over 15 years. Stay at different Marriott properties every year and Teaneck,NJ is a location where I stay for most of my business travels. Good food, nice rooms. Loaction is really convenient if you are working out side of Manhattan. Always enjoy my stay and the people in Foodservice are great!

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for providing our team with this feedback and we are most appreciative of your continued loyalty to the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe. I have shared your comments and we will look forward to creating many more memories for years to come.
Ridgefield, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe is one of the finest hotels, with exceptional people, that I have ever stayed at. The staff is unbelievably helpful and friendly – they always go the extra mile, without exception. The restaurant is without a doubt one of the finest hotel restaurants I have ever eaten in – I have been traveling over 20 years.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary C
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
We truly believe an extraordinary experience begins with exceptional people who display genuine care. Thank you for sharing these interactions with our team and I will ensure your feedback is passed along. It makes me even more proud to be part of this group, given how many years you have traveled and we are excited to welcome you back.
Chennai
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Marriott is not just well positioned in Teaneck, in terms of its location- but it is extremely good when it comes to the facilities it has on offer.

You might see the rooms needing a bit of an upgrade, but the additional facilities it has in terms of the banquet halls, the never-ending unlimited breakfast, the coffee at your room and almost every other thing about the hotel demands a good word.

Would like to make a special mention about the gym facilities there - superbly equipped, with a spa/sauna as well thrown in, it is just wonderful and one of the best gym facilities you will ever get in any hotel.

Highly recommended for a business stay if you want to feel just being at home, and not in search of great pleasure of enormous luxury. Very courteous staff add to the value of this hotel, making your stay even more satisfactory.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pkhari
I am excited to learn our location, adjacent spa facilities and our team's passion for service allowed for a productive stay! I am also excited to share our guestrooms will be fully renovated in the near future to match the newly renovated lobby and meeting space. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend getaway to NYC. This Marriott was referred by a friend. I wasn't sure at first but it turned out to be perfect. About 15 minute drive to Manhattan! Never got stuck in traffic! There is also a bus stop right at the hotel if you want to bus into the city. The hotel however is in a pretty quiet area. It's right off the expressway but nothing around or within walking distance. You definitely need a car to stay here.

The hotel itself....

We arrived very early the first day. It was around 10 am. We thought we would check to see if we could check in. To our surprise...we could! We got our room right away! We had a king size bed. The room was huge!! King bed, sofa, chair and desk and chair. All updated. Nice tv. Bathroom was nice. Two wall size floor length mirrors. Giant room for a hotel! The bed and linens and pillows are absolutely amazing! I miss them already!

We did not dine in the hotel. We did have a cocktail one night and it was a little pricey. Beautiful lobby. Very large hotel. We did not call for anything extra or have room service. I have zero complaints! We will definitely be back!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for selecting the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, especially based on the referral you received! I am pleased we lived up to the high expectations and allowed for a great weekend with easy access into NYC! Don't forget, you can always purchase your very own Marriott bedding package by going to shopmarriott.com! We hope to see you back this summer!
Whitefield, New Hampshire
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Over some number of years I have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. Every time I stay there I find it as good or better than the last stay which is saying quite a bit because I have always been more than satisfied. My wife and I were just there this past weekend and as usual were pleased with all aspects of our stay. This particular trip we met Marcos and Kamal at the front desk who went beyond anything anyone could expect to insure our stay was memorable. We felt like they were old friends and we sincerely appreciate their kindness and service and it is because of people like them, as well as, the overall operation of the hotel, that we continue to return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Frank R M
Thank you for providing these additional comments for our entire team to see! We are very fortunate to have amazing associates such as Marcos and Kamal who consistently deliver upon the guest experience. I will ensure they are properly recognized for their efforts to make your stay memorable and we will look forward to welcoming you back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Teaneck
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#2 of 2 in Ridgefield Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights

Been to Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe? Share your experiences!