“Great Service, Food, Ambiance and Price”
Review of Tavlin

Tavlin
Reserve with OpenTable
Tavlin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Tenafly
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Israeli
Reviewed 3 December 2013

All around one of the nicest dining experiences. The Middle Eastern cuisine is authentic. The place is family-owned and operated and the owner walks around to make sure all is well. I personally ordered the burger as the main after having some of the best hummus as an appetizer. The prices are extremely reasonable which is why I am a repeat customer. As an adherent to the laws of kashrut, I am glad to have fine restaurants such as Tavlin.

4  Thank marc g

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The food at this place was pretty good. Not the best I've had, but the kebab was good, as was my wife's hummus. What was not so good was when the restaurant staff were happy to let some Rabbi into the building to go around all the tables asking if people were Jewish or Israeli so that he could pressure them into joining his synagogue. After having a conversation with the owner, this guy strolled right over to me and my wife, mid-bite, to ask us if we were Israeli and if we were Jewish, and if we went to a temple. I told the guy I wasn't interested and he stood there staring at me for a while making us feel very awkward. If the owners are reading this... this place is supposed to be a restaurant. I didn't come to get hassled by a Rabbi because I don't want to go to Temple. It's totally inappropriate.

8  Thank kingoflondon
Reviewed 14 April 2013

If you are in the mood to try Israeli food, Hamsa is a good place. We stopped there before the movies. The hummus and babaganoush were really tasty with pita (which could be a bit warmed up). Falafel was OK. The service was kind of average.

2  Thank NJtraveller95
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Food is consistently good with Moroccan specialties . Falafel and other Mediterranean items are good too

2  Thank karenk59
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Loved the food. Bit of a pain it wasn't licenced and that we needed to bring our own kosher wine/ beer

1  Thank Daveeed