“So you've had a long day...”
Review of Brasserie

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Brasserie
Ranked #11 of 39 Restaurants in Tenafly
Cuisines: American
Staten Island, New York
“So you've had a long day...”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

It was sunny, I promise. That's not supposed to be a cliche beginning to the story. I woke up, looked outside and thought, like they do in the movies when it's as if they wake up to the gentle spring sun, feeling amazing and totally refreshed with a really upbeat song playing in the background, that it was going to be a great day. Well after 8 hours of moving furniture, my U-Haul truck breaking down, getting two tickets for driving a commercial truck on the palisades in NJ, there was no upbeat music in my background. Then I got to Brasserie. There was actual upbeat music playing there! I saw the food, designed so elegantly, promising to be absolutely amazing. The place is beautifully decorated, staff is great and the whole 9 yards. But you have to be skeptical... Soooo many restaurants dress up their food for external beauty and then you taste it and want to sue for false advertising. So I'm sitting, salivating, looking at the menu, hoping with my friends that this upbeat music was an indicator. Well, this story is already pretty long so I can't say long story short but the point is the food absolutely hit the spot. This is the spot to go to if you want to make a great celebration even better or when you need that real pick me up plot twist to your day with the upbeat music in the background.

• Visited September 2013

New York City, New York
“Can't go wrong”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The brasserie burger is the best. Get the egg on it! Or a the chop chop salad. Or the Asian chop chop salad. Honesty it's all good. Love the people the decor and the food. Enough said

• Visited May 2014
“My favorite place around”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is by far my favorite place around. The Brasserie is the place where I get my morning coffee, cause their cappuccinos are just great!! And the baristas already know how I like my coffee and they always so friendly and on top of it... Love it. But it's not just their coffee. Their food is very good and fresh. Great salads, especially the chop chop salad with grilled salmon. I do love their sandwiches and the French fries too. Overall it's a great local place where you can have a great healthy and tasty meal with fair prices, good service and a nice atmosphere.

“Amazing”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Staff was great food was delicious great service and place is beautiful. You have to try there brunch yummy !

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food in tenafly”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Wonderful restaurant with a great fusion of food. I've never had a bad meal here and always leave with a smile!

• Visited February 2014