See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Do not stay at this hotel!! The sheets are not washed! After we checked in one of my kids went to shower while we settled in. The TV was not working, as I was calling the front desk, I was sitting on the edge of the bed when I noticed a black ash stain. As I was brushing it off, there was all grains of sand/dirt in the bed! I went to the other bed and saw an eyelash and strands of hair. It does not get any more disgusting than that! The hotel was going to offer me another room when the maid came it. She explained to tell me "that they sometimes think only 1 person might be checking in and that is why they don't change the sheets on both beds?? Pretty stunned that she would even make such a comment, let alone admit something like that. Elizabeth Farrands, GM offered rewards points, told her I would never stay at this hotel and this simple over night trip caused me dinner out, had to call relatives to stay over night at their home, and breakfast out! My overnight stay at the beach caused me more aggravation, inconvenience and a fortune all due to the filty Comfort Inn! Everyone do yourself a favor and spend a bit more and stay at a cleaner establishment. We checked in and out as fast as we could! My next phone call is to the Board of Health...

2  Thank arlene s
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Our room was fine. My only complaint was that the door didn't shut completely when someone left the room...it stayed ajar.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Staff is very rude, and the property is in need of a major re-haul! I was traveling with 4 Teenage girls, and reserved this place because of location and the pool! POOL was OOO!

Room Tip: Try a different hotel, this one needs tons of attention!
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Nice hotel and being tended by enthusiastic and helpful staff (Tammy deserves special credit), but there is rot in the management that needs attention.
Rooms are fine, but reservations (Ours and others were inaccurate or had conditions not met).
Facilities (pool - heater broken, Jacuzzi - out of commission, sun patio furniture - covered with mold).
Complimentary breakfast = nice, but the entire kitchen, layout and room are being handled by one person so expect the mess left by guests to remain - or food service to go unattended.
It's a shame so fine a site should be left to run itself down.

Room Tip: Get a good luck charm - and keep rubbing it.
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel was very convenient to Asbury Park. The room was very clean and decently appointed. The common areas, especially the atrium and stairs could use a good sanding and painting. They're a little worse for wear. Overall, not bad, but not super.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends