See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Made reservation late to be able to go to Jersey shore for as few days. I wil say the room was clean and large and fairly quiet for this type of hotel.

The Cons were the room was not ready when we wanted to check in. Granted, it was before the 3PM check-in time, but can't remember the last time I was turned away for not having a room ready. Also, had some questions regarding other services and the front desk staff was not that helpful or didn't know the answer.

The other thing of note was the shower pressure. Great when you turn on the tub faucet, but when it switched over to shower, all the pressure seem to go away. Even played with the shower head to no avail.

Would I stay there again? I'd look for althernatives, but it wasn't the worst.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We chose this place because it had an indoor pool. Of course nobody mentioned the pool was not working until after we checked in. We voiced our unhappiness, and were asked 'What would you like me to do?' O.k., how about a room upgrade? Nope-all full. Our room was right off the lobby next to the elevators and hotel laundry room, as well as the dining area for breakfast. Is there a room in this place in a worse location?

So we deal with it, a night of little sleep because there is a lot of noise. Later that day I notcied my drivers license is missing. I had to show it on check-in, and it was never returned. I called and was told 'Oh its here.' No apology or explanation. Did they not make any attempt to find me? I was in the room 40 feet from the front desk. We drive quite a distance to get my license, and I use the lobby bathroom. My God, the most vile, disgusting unflushed toilet in the world! I let the front desk know it wasn't me, but it kind of summed up this hotel and my experience. Check Mapquest for other hotels really close that have got to be better than this. And shame on me for not reading the reviews before I booked! Never again will I book something without consulting TripAdvisor!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FF184
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We wanted a smoking room which is almost impossible to find now a days. We booked here because they had them. I read lots of reviews first and was quite a bit apprehensive on staying here and had a 2nd booking back-up in case it was horrid. We checked out the room BEFORE we checked in and all we found was a leaking toilet.
The new manager, Elizabeth, was awesome! She switched us to another room and you could tell how overwhelmed she was with all the work she has to do with this hotel. Yes it was run-down, but you could tell they are working on it. The atrium area outside our room was very nice and I was told it was not so nice earlier. Yes, the pool was closed, personally I didn't care about that. So little by little they will improve this place.
Yes, before we left we did see ONE bug in the bathroom, but by no means was it a cock-roach. I believe it was a waterbug.
The tvs and everything actually worked just fine.
Either way, we could have stayed at our back-up hotel and paid twice the price and would not have been able to smoke.
I found all the staff to be nice and again, you get what you pay for, if you have lots of money then stay somewhere like the Residence Inn in Neptune for like $239 a night?

Room Tip: Ask to check your room before checking in (hopefully you have a back-up). Flush the toilet and learn how to check the beds for bed-bugs just in case, don't want to bring them home!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Do not stay here - many problems, computers broke so delay in checking in, pool out of order and gross, elevator stunk, doors stuck, poor paint and peeling, bathroom celiing looked like it would fall in. Tub faucet wouldn't stoo leaking

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lvthesea
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I was surprised at the very shabby appearance. Peeling paint, rotted molding, broken tile, dirty pool and pool area, just a dirty appearance overall, especially the atrium area. The fitness room was behind the laundry area and looked like a storeroom. It had no air conditioning in the 100* weather and equipment looked like it was purchased from Goodwill.
Our room was adequate, but there was no internet service and the TV didn't work. We called the front desk and they said they would send someone to repair it and no one came. The next day, same story.
I have stayed in Comfort Inns all over the country and have never seen such a poorly maintained property. We've been to Motel 6's that look better than this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank grblay
Elizabeth F, Manager at Quality Suites Tinton Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2012

Hello,
I am very sorry that you didnt enjoy your stay. Please know that as the new manager I know about all the problems, are pool is closed due to getting the jacuzzi filled in which will start tomorrow, the rooms are being worked on. There is much work to be done and we are working on all of them. We hope you will come back and see the New Comfort Inn & Suites. I thank you for your comments since I like to know what our guests think.

Kind Regards,