See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My usual hotel when going out to this part of the world (and its next 3 company recommended backup locations) was booked, so I landed here. I didn't have high hopes based on the reviews. For moderate to low cost hotels, my main criteria are that the rooms are clean and that I can get a good night's sleep.

The hotel is at an awkward place between obviously being in the midst of repair and upgrade and having been through very rough times. Paint was chipped. The outside wood stairs was missing paint and had visibly rotting wood. Air conditioner grates had obviously had kids (or worse!) gleefully kicking them in.

The room itself had an upgraded bathroom basin and the room had been recently painted. However, the painter didn't bother to get out the spackle and tidy up before the painting. The bed was new, but hard. The pillows were plentiful and I couldn't complain about them. The linens were recently changed.

The alarm clock could have come straight from my parents' room in the 1970's.

The main minuses of the room was the hard bed and the shower having almost zero pressure. But even given these, I was almost ready to give this venue a 3. The fact that the second day of the visit had no room service done (but a sheet of paper slipped under the door to say why) because of lack of staff. That took a borderline 3 and knocked it to a 2.

It's entirely possible that the upgrades will finally catch up and the place won't be awful next year. I'll give it a pass my next few trips though.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jeffrey H
Reviewed 6 December 2012

The hotel has grown by leaps and bounds since the last time I stayed here last year. The pool is clean just like the rooms. Very cleansed stocked breakfast bar and front desk were very nice and accommodating. Will be back next year. Thanks !

Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I stay at this hotel for 20 days, it had the only available rooms around, since I have no choice, my travel service book my room.
First, management of this hotel is non-existence! Her hours are 9 to 3 and only seem her ( will not include name) on my one day off! The front desk staff are poorly train, with the only exception is the night auditor (he was the only staff member knew what he was doing, kudos too him). This is a non-smoking hotel, but allows customers to out front of hotel, but there are no butt cans, so the customers just throw their butt on the ground and are never clean up by hotel staff (disgusting). Clean staff for rooms do just an ok job, but missed things like towels, coffee and charging sheets on the beds (I think they charge my sheets twice in 20 days).
This hotel dirtily, messily and totally disgusting. I suggest you even if you have to stay miles away, I sure you find much better hotels.

Room tip: Avoid if you can!
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Elizabeth F, Manager at Quality Suites Tinton Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

I am sorry to read you didnt enjoy are hotel, I am in the building six days a week and never leave before 530 pm, Im sorry I didnt get to speak to you about your stay. If you would like to call me I would be happy to speak with you.

Elizabeth

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We are used to staying at Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inns and the Courtyard, however the stay here over this past weekend was quite memorable. No cribs available. A couch broke and fell apart in the lobby while a family was sitting on it waiting for a space to be available in the breakfast area for them to eat. Many people were in lines for food only to find there was none left, down to cereal and bagels, which isn't bad, just isn't too good when you are expecting to make waffles, or eat yogurt or fruit... It was quite an experience. The staff was VERY nice and very helpful, giving us extra pillows and a comforter to try to make a make shift bed for our infant. They went out of their way to help us. The problem wasn't them it was that the management had not properly staffed the hotel for a major holiday weekend. They weren't prepared with enough food or staff. It was a shame because it is a good property, the rooms were very clean so the cleaning staff is working hard and doing their part! Kudos! We picked this hotel for the pool and the breakfast, both of which were disappointments. We've never not gone in a pool before but once we saw the dirt on the pool floor and a few giant hairballs we decided not to take the plunge. The pool remained empty the whole time we were there. It was that bad. With proper staffing, pool cleaning and better food preparation this place would be great! It's not too far away from the beaches which makes it very convenient and the prices are much more reasonable. Maybe just don't go on a holiday. Oh - one thing we really did like was that their rooms had a "suite" layout with the two beds being in a back room and a small livingroom with a tv and fridge were in the front room/area. That worked out well with our kids and getting ready in the morning.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I had an absolutely awful stay at this hotel.

When we first got into our rooms, one of the rooms booked had a collapsed ceiling in the bathroom. They claimed that they did not know about it, but when we had arrived, they said that the room was not ready and was being cleaned, so I guess the cleaning staff missed the big old caved in ceiling when they "cleaned" the shower.

We left for the day expecting to have a two night stay as our booking confirmation said. I return to the room to find that we can't get in because we "checked out". Yes, people who check out generally LEAVE THEIR STUFF ALL OVER THE ROOM. Our possessions had been packed up and put in the office. We got all sorts of excuses for this and they fixed the booking and returned our possessions to us (or so we thought) and returned us to the room. Later I found that my daughter's camera and camera case was missing! Did they think that was their tip?!?

All we got from them were excuses and "I don't knows" and "sorry, but". No one seemed at all concerned by the fact that the only person who could have taken the camera was a staff member. Its not the camera, it wasn't an expensive camera, but it is the fact that they made so many excuses and didn't seem at all concerned. We had to ask for the manager to apologize to my daughter who is 8 yrs old!

On top of this, the huge centipede in the bathroom and the collapsing couch were just sublime comedy. Oh, and the room also stank.

Room tip: Don't stay here!
Date of stay: September 2012