See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I stayed for 7 night and it was job related. The hotel staff was nice and tried to work with what they didt have. With a bad economy, the hotel seemed understaffed and overworked. Often no one to answer the phone,the one front desk clerk off in another side of the builing handling issues, the computer system went down for hours, no extra TV in case yours had a problem. Even the walls were thin, you could hear the guests in their room. Yes, the breakfast was reasonably good, but I have stayed at many Comfort Inn Suites that things seemed to be more pulled together even with good value. My expectations for this hotel were on that level.

Room Tip: Rooms near the dining area are very noisy
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank idaw155
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I was hesitant to stay here since the reviews were not very flattering but we needed a room big enough for 6 so we stayed anyway. Overall it is clean and definitely worth the price.

Pros:
Very nice (newly decorated) lobby
Free breakfast (eggs & sausage, bagels, cereal, yogurt, etc.)
Clean (but small) pool
Clean spacious rooms

Cons:
Smoking is allowed and comes through from room to room.
No jacuzzi by pool (some pictures show one but there isn't one there)
Most rooms have exterior doors to courtyard (which isn't locked) and the decking is old and cracked.

Room Tip: The double queen with sofa is a very nice layout for a family.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nina S
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My usual hotel when going out to this part of the world (and its next 3 company recommended backup locations) was booked, so I landed here. I didn't have high hopes based on the reviews. For moderate to low cost hotels, my main criteria are that the rooms are clean and that I can get a good night's sleep.

The hotel is at an awkward place between obviously being in the midst of repair and upgrade and having been through very rough times. Paint was chipped. The outside wood stairs was missing paint and had visibly rotting wood. Air conditioner grates had obviously had kids (or worse!) gleefully kicking them in.

The room itself had an upgraded bathroom basin and the room had been recently painted. However, the painter didn't bother to get out the spackle and tidy up before the painting. The bed was new, but hard. The pillows were plentiful and I couldn't complain about them. The linens were recently changed.

The alarm clock could have come straight from my parents' room in the 1970's.

The main minuses of the room was the hard bed and the shower having almost zero pressure. But even given these, I was almost ready to give this venue a 3. The fact that the second day of the visit had no room service done (but a sheet of paper slipped under the door to say why) because of lack of staff. That took a borderline 3 and knocked it to a 2.

It's entirely possible that the upgrades will finally catch up and the place won't be awful next year. I'll give it a pass my next few trips though.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeffrey H
Reviewed 6 December 2012

The hotel has grown by leaps and bounds since the last time I stayed here last year. The pool is clean just like the rooms. Very cleansed stocked breakfast bar and front desk were very nice and accommodating. Will be back next year. Thanks !

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I stay at this hotel for 20 days, it had the only available rooms around, since I have no choice, my travel service book my room.
First, management of this hotel is non-existence! Her hours are 9 to 3 and only seem her ( will not include name) on my one day off! The front desk staff are poorly train, with the only exception is the night auditor (he was the only staff member knew what he was doing, kudos too him). This is a non-smoking hotel, but allows customers to out front of hotel, but there are no butt cans, so the customers just throw their butt on the ground and are never clean up by hotel staff (disgusting). Clean staff for rooms do just an ok job, but missed things like towels, coffee and charging sheets on the beds (I think they charge my sheets twice in 20 days).
This hotel dirtily, messily and totally disgusting. I suggest you even if you have to stay miles away, I sure you find much better hotels.

Room Tip: Avoid if you can!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Elizabeth F, Manager at Quality Suites Tinton Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

I am sorry to read you didnt enjoy are hotel, I am in the building six days a week and never leave before 530 pm, Im sorry I didnt get to speak to you about your stay. If you would like to call me I would be happy to speak with you.

Elizabeth